tracker/spyware "http://ad-emea.doubleclick.net" at ebay

Guest Michael

Guest Michael

I installed my computer new because problems with tracker/spyware "ad-emea.doubleclick.net" and some others at ebay. Such as "bluekai" and "track.adform".

I installed first nod32 antivirus 6.0. After some days of use i see at ebay same connections.  I startet some complete searches for complete PC. Nothing were found!

What can i do against this spyware?

If I was in your situation here is what I would do:

- I would turn on potentially unwanted and potentially malicious - do a full scan.

- I'd also get malwarebytes on the machine and do a full scan with that as well.

I installed my computer new because problems with tracker/spyware "ad-emea.doubleclick.net" and some others at ebay. Such as "bluekai" and "track.adform".

I installed first nod32 antivirus 6.0. After some days of use i see at ebay same connections.  I startet some complete searches for complete PC. Nothing were found!

What can i do against this spyware?

The best software for tracker catch as well as adware.tracking cookies is SuperAntiSpyware.

My favorite AV software is ESET, but nothing compares to SAS when it comes to tracking cookies. Nothing !!!!

HitmanPro comes close.

Most cookies are harmless though, thus not detected by major AV programs like Mbam and Eset.

Hope i helped.

Edited by Arakasi

this sounds like some kind of adware issue - have you seen this on any other sites apart from ebay?

this sounds like some kind of adware issue - have you seen this on any other sites apart from ebay?

since new installation, i see these connections only at ebay. Some internet sites tell, its a typical ebay safety problem.

These are generally forms of tracking cookies.
Unless you were specifically infected, there is no need for concern.

Use a Hosts file.
Enable tracking protection lists.
If using Firefox to Browse the web, consider using AdBlockPlus.

Many of the above are users favorites for Mozilla and Internet Explorer.

Regards,

There are many Hosts files out there, this one seems to be the most effective.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Regards,

Good stuff silijaline.

I like the host file you provided.