Is NOD32 9.0 pretty stable now?

soulweeper

I never get the latest version as soon as it comes out, so just curious if version 9 is considered fairly stable?

And it's better to uninstall the old, and install a fresh new version, correct? Or is it ok to upgrade through the program?

Thanks! :)

I was hesitant when using Version 9 and went back to version 8.

I then ran 9 on a sacrificial computer for several days and now I have installed Version 9.0.349.0 on my other 3 computers.

For me, it is fine.

You might give it a try and if you are not happy with it just go back to what you were running previously.

Oh no, if you decide to run it, install 9 over your existent version. I had better luck doing this. Why? No idea.

Well, an overlay will save your settings and it's a bit less painful. :P

True. It's easy enough to export my settings, and import them into the new version, but that is the fastest. Used to be no one recommended installing over the top, but I guess things have changed. :)

Edited by soulweeper

True. It's easy enough to export my settings, and import them into the new version, but that is the fastest. Used to be no one recommended installing over the top, but I guess things have changed. :)

Do it!

Listen to the 81 year old geezer. :) :) :) :) :)

I deleted the old version, and installed the new version, but I can't simply put in my existing username ande password, they want me to convert it to an activation key??

Would it have done that if I installed over the top, because I'll use system restore, and go back and do that, if so.

Edited by soulweeper

True. It's easy enough to export my settings, and import them into the new version,

"If you upgrade v8 to v9, most of the settings should be retained. Exporting the configuration from v8 and importing it to v9 is not possible due to a new configuration system."

https://forum.eset.com/topic/6310-importing-settings-from-eset-8-to-9/?p=34885

So installing over the top (installing v9 over your current v8 installation) is your best bet here. Unless you want to install V9 from scratch by uninstalling V8 first.

Just FYI :)

True. It's easy enough to export my settings, and import them into the new version,

"If you upgrade v8 to v9, most of the settings should be retained. Exporting the configuration from v8 and importing it to v9 is not possible due to a new configuration system."

https://forum.eset.com/topic/6310-importing-settings-from-eset-8-to-9/?p=34885

So installing over the top (installing v9 over your current v8 installation) is your best bet here. Unless you want to install V9 from scratch by uninstalling V8 first.

Just FYI :)

Thanks! I just posted that I deleted the old version first, but I'm lazy, so I'm using system restore, going back, and then installing over the top. :)

.....Would it have done that if I installed over the top, because I'll use system restore, and go back and do that, if so.

Don't think so...but I guess the conversion process is more or less painless. https://my.eset.com/convert

I'm lazy...in this case overlay is best ..........It's up to you.

Edited by TomFace

.....Would it have done that if I installed over the top, because I'll use system restore, and go back and do that, if so.

Don't think so...but I guess the conversion process is more or less painless. https://my.eset.com/convert

I'm lazy...in this case overlay is best ..........It's up to you.

Now I don't know WHAT happened. I did a system restore, to go back and have version 8, but I'm getting some kind of error, saying my computer isn't protected, so I don't know what to do now.

post-2630-0-09572000-1453077959_thumb.jpg

Ok, I did a restart, and for whatever reason, that error is gone, and I'm back to version 8. I'll install version 9 over the top!

Be sure to report back.

Don't think a system restore and a change in ESET version is going to fly very well. Just a hunch.

I could always uninstall 8, reinstall a fresh copy, import my settings, and then install 9 over the top. Just to be extra safe.

Everything seems to have that stupid live installer, where are the offline versions?

EDIT: Found em. :)

Edited by soulweeper

Don't think a system restore and a change in ESET version is going to fly very well. Just a hunch.

I could always uninstall 8, reinstall a fresh copy, import my settings, and then install 9 over the top. Just to be extra safe.

Everything seems to have that stupid live installer, where are the offline versions?

EDIT: Found em. :)

Great.

I actually burned 8 and 9 on CDs.

Saves searching all over the place.