Installation failed with (0x644) - error while pushing installation from ERA 6

Hello everybody, 

I'm trying to deploy ESET File Security for Windows Servers from my ERA and on some servers get error "Installation failed with (0x644), Installation suspended (incomplete) (0x644) - try install software manually" 

I googled and found nothing about this error. How can I fix it or where I can download this package and how can I attach it to my ERA server? Thank you.

• ESET Staff

Hello everybody, 

I'm trying to deploy ESET File Security for Windows Servers from my ERA and on some servers get error "Installation failed with (0x644), Installation suspended (incomplete) (0x644) - try install software manually" 

I googled and found nothing about this error. How can I fix it or where I can download this package and how can I attach it to my ERA server? Thank you.

Any chance you had older version of ESET File Security already installed on affected servers?

Hello MartinK, 

no, they didn't. Only I've installed ESET Remote Agent version 6. And tried to install Antivirus itself. 

• ESET Staff

Hello MartinK, 

no, they didn't. Only I've installed ESET Remote Agent version 6. And tried to install Antivirus itself. 

We have experienced this when upgrading from previous versions (that is reason it is mentioned in official release notes as unsupported), but it seems there are also other scenarios that does not work correctly. Problem is that for some reason installation cannot be performed in one step and it requires restart before it is finalized (reason may be previous system updates performed without restart).

Regardless of reason, this two-step installation process is unfortunately unsupported by ERA and only possibility is to install manually. You can download ESET File Security installer directly from eset.com page and install it. AGENT will automatically recognize new installation.

• 3 weeks later...

When I install software to client. I get an error: <resource-not-found-0x0000000100000b02> in progress column, and the installation is stall. This error occured on our all new clients.