ESET NOD32 Antivirus Licensing

TheKid7

• Administrators

As long as it's valid it's possible to use any version of the product you purchased. However, since v2 was discontinued a long time ago I don't assume the license is still valid.

As long as it's valid it's possible to use any version of the product you purchased. However, since v2 was discontinued a long time ago I don't assume the license is still valid.

I see a version 2.7 currently being offered by a reputable reseller at a reasonable price.  The description is "Brand New, FACTORY SEALED!"  Would this version 2.7 license be valid for version 6.X?

I currently have 3 PC's with the 3 PC license expiring in September.  I have purchased a new Retail Box 3 PC license for those PC's.  However, I have a new Laptop with Windows 8 Standard 64 bit.  I would like to install ESET NOD32 version 6 on the Laptop.

yes, you can buy a v2.7 boxed version-  activate it to get a Username + Password - then that U+P can be used to download, run and use v6.   The key here is whether the activate code will actually activate.  Assuming it does, you're golden - if it does not, what is your fallback position?  Chargeback?  Are they a reputable vendor?

Sometimes things which seem too good to be true - are!

I would not buy ver 2.7 when there is a ver 6 and (7beta for free till End of Oct. [i think]) .

Meaning.... your going to be using a dumbed down, featureless program.

Granted you will still have the nod32 engine, you might be missing out on a whole lot more opportunities by just purchasing the updated ver6 from ESET's site.

Or if your looking for a better deal, look for ver6 from other vendors at least.

MHO !

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Licenses for ESET NOD32 Antivirus are not tied to a specific version. For example, if someone went to ESET's web site today and purchased a license for ESET NOD32 Antivirus, they could use it with v3, v4, v5, v6 or even v7, when it moves from beta to release.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I would not buy ver 2.7 when there is a ver 6 and (7beta for free till End of Oct. [i think]) .

Meaning.... your going to be using a dumbed down, featureless program.

Granted you will still have the nod32 engine, you might be missing out on a whole lot more opportunities by just purchasing the updated ver6 from ESET's site.

Or if your looking for a better deal, look for ver6 from other vendors at least.

MHO !