ESET ERA computers showing as unmanaged but have agent and antivirus installed

graben

In ERA 6 there are two computers that are both showing as unmanaged but also have the agent and antivirus installed and showing up in ERA as such. The last connected date is showing up as a blank. When I click the details however they show that they updated their virus definitions a few months ago. They are not currently connected to the network.

Any idea what could be causing this? I have other computers that have also not been online for a few months but they are showing as managed and are displaying the last connected date.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this? If the computers reconnect to the network do you think that this would solve the problem?

• Administrators

Have you tried generating Live agent installer with current ERA settings and re-deploying it (installing manually) on these machines?

The computer was listed twice in DNS so I deleted one entry and then reinstalled the agent with a manual install which fixed the problem.

• 1 month later...

Hi graben,

Where exacly was your DNS listed twice? I have the same problem, but can't find anywhere that this is doubled. Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Sorry to open up an old thread...but I am just wondering if there is possibly a setting or another solution.  I am also having the same issue. I believe there was a process the previous admin was doing as I can deploy install tasks to any workstation(install,update,activate, etc.) there is no dns duplication but new PC's that make it onto the ERA Server are all coming up as unmanaged.

The computer details show managed as n/a and I have a circle under status instead of a green check mark.

I am using:

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.3.148.0
ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.3.114.0
Server is CentOS (64-bit), Version 6.7

Let me know if more details are needed, I will be happy to provide them as I continue my search for a solution. 

I was hoping to find a quick fix like a reg setting or a checkbox in a policy or something simple that I may have over looked as I am new to the product.

Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

John

• Administrators

Does everything seem alright in C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html? Ie. are all 4 records green?