Jump to content

0x80048830 error message in Windows 10 Mail app


Recommended Posts

Hi, I don't know if this problem is already posted, I'm sorry if this is a duplicate thread for an already existing one.

 

I am having 0x80048830 error problems using windows 10 mail app when IMAP protocol checking is enabled. I am using the mail app to get email from my yahoo mail account. If I disable IMAP checking, the email app is working. I am using this workaround for the meantime.

 

Is the problem on my end, or is there a way to fix the problem?

 

Here is my configuration:

 

Windows 10 version 10.0.10586

ESET Smart Security 9.0.349.0

Mail version 17.6525.42271.0

 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disabling ssl scanning and leaving imap filtering on results in the same error.

 

It seems the imap filtering is the real issue here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Ok, then please reproduce the issue with pre-release updates selected and Advanced protocol filtering logging enabled in the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics. When done, disable logging, collect logs using ESET Log Collector (hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3466/) and drop me a pm with the output archive attached.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Marcos,

 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling smart security. The probelm is fixed, I can check my mail with IMAP filtering enabled. The problem now is I can't browse any site using ssl with ssl protocol filtering enabled. If it is disabled, I can browse just fine.

 

I'll be sending the logs collected, in any case, hope this helps for my new problem.

 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, so I tried running the log collecter, but it's almost 30 minutes and it is not yet finished. Is it supposed to take this long? I stopped and just be disabling ssl for the meantime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

No, it shouldn't take that long. Check the ELC operation log for information about the operation being performed.

Try disabling and re-enabling SSL scanning as follows:

- restart the computer

- without starting any application, disable SSL scanning and click OK

- re-enable SSL scanning and click OK

 

Check if you can open https websites alright.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

when i had to collect logs to send to support the log collector took more than two hours and it never completed. i guess it was the maximum verbosity i had set.

so maybe SImbadda has set the verbosity to Diagnostic, and that makes the ELC to take a very long time to complete?

 

go to advanced setup > tools > log files, and tell us what is the current setting on the minimum logging verbosity

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

when i had to collect logs to send to support the log collector took more than two hours and it never completed. i guess it was the maximum verbosity i had set.

so maybe SImbadda has set the verbosity to Diagnostic, and that makes the ELC to take a very long time to complete?

 

go to advanced setup > tools > log files, and tell us what is the current setting on the minimum logging verbosity

 

That shouldn't cause such issues. I'd rather suggest looking at the ELC operation log to find out what stage the process is stuck at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

Marcos, i think i found the cause as to why the ELC won't complete quick. i created a thread of my findings.

when sysinspector is checked in ELC it takes forever to complete.

 

check this. i'll stop hijacking the thread now :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, it shouldn't take that long. Check the ELC operation log for information about the operation being performed.

Try disabling and re-enabling SSL scanning as follows:

- restart the computer

- without starting any application, disable SSL scanning and click OK

- re-enable SSL scanning and click OK

 

Check if you can open https websites alright.

 

I've tried doing the steps given here, but I still can't open https websites, such as this thread in the forum.

 

I have attached screenshots of my setting.

post-10403-0-01495700-1452899442_thumb.jpg

post-10403-0-33290300-1452899444_thumb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's the thing, it's just a blank space, no error in the browser and no error in event viewer.

 

Anyways, I have found the problem. Smart Security and Adguard does not play well together when both their ssl protection is enabled.

 

I will be turning ssl in adguard in the meantime, I will wait when they release the final version for 6.0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...