Latest Application version out of date

ESET 6 Remote administarator says 4 of my clients are out of date.

The latest version of Endpoint Security is 6.2.0.33.

The out of date clients are on 6.2.2021.    Those clients have program component updates enabled.

What's going on?   Is the client ignoring the setting?   Is the Remote control supposed to force update the clients?

A second item is some of the clients are showing " warning notifications" that they are in presentation mode.  I walk over to the client machine, presentation mode is not enabled.

I have to enable presentation mode, wait for the client to respond to the server, then re-disable presentation mode to clear the warning.    New bug? 

Edited by mackintire

• ESET Staff

Hi @mackintire,

The latest version of Endpoint Security is 6.2.0.33. The out of date clients are on 6.2.2021.
Those clients have program component updates enabled.

Some update of the products are not released as PCU, in those case you have send the task to install the latest version.

Is the client ignoring the setting?  
Is the Remote control supposed to force update the clients?

I don't think so, and No, because is the task of the SysAdministrator (you) ;)

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez

Evidently Metro apps in Windows 8.1 and windows 10 (in general) are enabling presentation mode and pausing after the app changes.    If I were to guess, it's almost as if the start screen itself is triggering presentation mode.

In the meantime I'v disabled automatically enabling presentation mode and added a 180 minute timer to turn off presentation mode. 

Edited by mackintire

• Administrators

There have never been automatic program updates for Endpoint. Administrators can push a software install task to install the latest version of Endpoint (currently 6.2.2033) on clients.