Does eset recommend upgrading to Win 10?

Does eset recommend upgrading to Win 10?

I was getting inundated with Microsoft nag windows to upgrade to Win 10.  After looking into it, I found I could reduce the nag windows by uninstalling KB3035583.  But then Smart Security (SS) shows the OS not up to date.

I do try to keep my OS up to date and use SS to detect available OS updates. But I am not sure if I am ready to go to Win 10. And if I am not ready to go to Win 10, I don't want to be pestered with nag windows trying to get me to download and install it.

It would be nice if I could have SS notify me about recommended updates with the exception of KB3035583.  And I heard the Win 10 is going to become a recommended update in 2016.  Is SS going to show the OS is out of date for all Win 7 machines?

I don't believe ESET will say yea or nay about Win 10 (I could be wrong ^_^). But Win 10 has been discussed here MANY time. I myself use Win 7 and (at least for the moment) have no plans to go to 10 (I also do not like being force fed :angry: ). I have hidden many Win 10 advanced updates, but Msft is persistent and keeps sending them and I will keep hiding them - ESET doesn't care about hidden updates (I believe), as I have recommended, optional and important updates hidden. I do not get any OS out of date warnings (other than Msft patch Tuesday). As far as I know, ESET support for Win 7 will continue for a few more years. I also use the GWX Monitor to help me avoid anything Win 10.  Here are some posts for you to review.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/6852-microsoft-sets-stage-for-massive-windows-10-upgrade-strategy/

https://forum.eset.com/topic/4581-kb3035583-windows-update-is-an-adwarepuapuspup-for-windows-10-upgrade/

________________________________________________________________________________

12/28/15 EDIT

Like SCR said below, I am happy with Win 7. :)

Uninstall the updates that you do not want and when they come back (to updates) "hide" it/them (right click on it). Adjust your Windows updates so you decide what to download and install.

post-556-0-87762000-1451315247_thumb.jpg

Also you can change what windows updates ESET will notify you for.   hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3192/

Edited by TomFace

• Most Valued Members

Tom, I'm right there with you regarding W10. I will make that move if "I" want to when "I" want to but not until then. The more MS forces me the more I will resist. It's not that W10 is a bad OS, simply put I don't like W10 and it has nothing to offer that I need. My W7 install is extremely stable and I am content to stick with it..

windows 10 contains many new features, making it more convenient and easy to use my computer. i would choose to upgrade. and in most cases, the upgrade process would go smoothly, except the password thing. some people do come across the failure to log in problem. but it would be fine with smartkey password key

Edited by maggenina

windows 10 contains many new features, making it more convenient and easy to use my computer. i would choose to upgrade. and in most cases, the upgrade process would go smoothly, except the password thing. some people do come across the failure to log in problem. but it would be fine with smartkey password key

It's all a matter of choice. I like to keep my choice my decision.

If Win 10 works for you, wonderful. 

1-13-16 EDIT

You can also see what Aryeh Goretsky has to say about it here: hxxp://www.welivesecurity.com/2016/01/07/stay-go-windows-10/

Edited by TomFace