Critical Problem in Eset Endpoint Antivirus 6.2.2033.0

Hello everybody and eset technical team.

I am an administrator of a company that use EEA with 80 clients license.

On of my cilents is a server with below system information:

DBMS : Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP4

RAM : 12 GB

HDD: RAID 5

Until our company had used from version 5 it worked very good. But when we migrated to version 6 every day windows server 2008 R2 Freezes and hangs and i should restart it manually from server room.

After uninstalling EEA 6.2.2033.0 server works correctly as past.

I guess that there is a conflict between SQL Server 2008 SP4 Jobs or log saving and Eset Endpoint Antivirus 6.2.20.33.0 the last version.

I have requisition that fix this bug in a new version of EEA and release it as soon as.

Thanks so much.

• Administrators

This update is not distributed via WU and needs to be installed manually. If possible, create a complete memory dump from a frozen state. Just wait several seconds after the system freezes before you trigger a manual crash.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

we've the same problem here. In our company we have round about 250 clients with ESET v.6.2.2033.1. 

40-50 clients have problems with "freezing" (Win 7/8.1/10). We don't know why. Several clients, several OS, several Hardware. When we disable ESET on the workstations all is working fine. We've replaced the "network.dll" as described here: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2567/.

Regarding the hotfix: It's not possible to execute the Hotfix on Windows 8.1 or 10. Is there another Hotfix available or is it not necessary. 

If we downgrade the certain clients to version 5 all is working fine. 

What can we do?

• Administrators

Windows 8.1 and newer are not affected by the bug. They already come with the bug in Windows Filtering Platform fixed. Please configure Windows to generate complete memory dump (hxxp://support.eset.com/kb380/) and initiate a crash manually when the system freezes. After a dump has been created and Windows restarted, compress the memory dump, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link. Also collect logs using ESET Log Collector (hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3466/) and supply me with the output archive.

Hi. Many thanks for this reply. 

It seems that Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are also effected by the bug. Maybe not THIS bug, but another one with similar symptoms.

It's not possible for us to initiate the crash manually. We have to wait until system freeze next time. Have configured one of the "freezing" system, so that a dump should be create. 

• Administrators

Dear eset ..

Is this problem solved or not ?

We are not aware of any such problem that would occur with KB2664888 on Windows 7 systems. On newer Windows systems, the bug in WFP should be already fixed. Should the issue still occur, please generate a manual crash and provide us with a complete memory dump for analysis.

It's not possible for us to initiate the crash manually. We have to wait until system freeze next time. Have configured one of the "freezing" system, so that a dump should be create.

If you follow the directions in the ESET KB provided, they walk you though setting up a quick process where you can generate a system crash on demand, and get the dump they are requesting.