ESET "Generated Message" options

• ESET Insiders

What options are available other than just "Generated Message"? Can we customize the message at all with a variable such as "The following computer, %COMPUTER_NAME%, has reported that the following malware, %MALWARE_NAME%, was detected".

As it stands now, "GENERATED_MESSAGE" shows this in emails which is unhelpful:

Event log notification with following settings has occurred.

Log Type: Antivirus threat

Source machine;Severity;Time of occurrence;Threat type;Threat name;Threat flags;Scanner;Scan log reference;Object type;Object URI;Action performed;Action error;Threat handled;Restart required;User;Process name;Circumstances;Virus signature database

9e696d36-b221-4718-be60-ef5cba29b148;3;2015-12-22 13:40:56;potentially unwanted application;Win32/InstallCore.AZ;Variant;First scan scanner;ndl2890.dat;file;file:///C:/$RECYCLE.BIN/S-1-5-21-2192117264-3745663127-535881415-2371/$RZY5IY8.exe;;action selection postponed until scan completion;0;0;;;;12761 (20151222)

post-9961-0-43706000-1450793353_thumb.jpg

Edited by BDeep

• 3 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

Any updates from ESET staff?

Are there any way to customize reports?

The current default message is really lacking in the emails.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll bump this as it either needs an answer or to be acknowledged as a feature request.

This actually stops me using the Notifications feature in V6 and I have to make do with a Sever Task that runs a report when a Dynamic Group changes.  It really needs to be able to generate an HTML table within the email for each item in the alert/notification.  Bonus points for checkboxes in the notification editor to select the columns we want to display.

As it stands now the data that is included isn't even copy past-able as a CSV file because it using semi colons.

Edited by ben.white

• ESET Insiders

Any developers care to chime in on where this information is generated from? I am willing to dive in and hack away at workarounds...

• ESET Staff

I am sorry that I have to inform you there are no customization possible. Content of notification is technically a CSV representation of "event" that caused notification to be triggered. Currently there is no data processing or interpretation implemented, except  source translation to human readable computer name and time of occurrence, which are common to all events.

There are plans for complete redesign for both information content and presentation (email formatting, HTML, ...) but I can't give you any ETA.

As it stands now the data that is included isn't even copy past-able as a CSV file because it using semi colons.

We have decided to use semicolon as separator because it is more suitable for supported locales (especially for locales using comma as decimal point in numbers). Could you specify locale and software you are using to "paste" data into? We may reconsider our choice and change separator (based on installation language) in case it is actually not usable.

• ESET Insiders

I am sorry that I have to inform you there are no customization possible. Content of notification is technically a CSV representation of "event" that caused notification to be triggered. Currently there is no data processing or interpretation implemented, except  source translation to human readable computer name and time of occurrence, which are common to all events.

There are plans for complete redesign for both information content and presentation (email formatting, HTML, ...) but I can't give you any ETA.

We have decided to use semicolon as separator because it is more suitable for supported locales (especially for locales using comma as decimal point in numbers). Could you specify locale and software you are using to "paste" data into? We may reconsider our choice and change separator (based on installation language) in case it is actually not usable.

Gotcha. Well I guess all I can do is wait. :wacko: