No update from Mobile GSM/3G Network?

hrgajek

Hello,

I have a Laptop Computer running with Windows 10 connected to the Internet via Mobile GSM/UMTS (3G) Connection with subscription (T-Mobile Germany)

I run ESET NOD32 9.0.318.20 at this time.

When I try to update the Virus signatures I get a red error message saying, that no Connection is possible and download was aborted.

As soon as I reconnect the Laptop via WiFi Network all works fine.

Is the IP-Adress from the ESET Update System so Special, that mobile Network doesn't like it or this there a Setting which I can check or Change?

• Administrators

There's an issue with Telekom 3G connections in Germany when the transparent proxy used by the provider closes the connection before our update servers send TCP FIN. I'd suggest contacting your local customer care to find out if there's a progress in this matter.

The use of a ISP's transparent proxy is a security risk in itself and should be avoided at any costs.

It is also very likely that NSA and GCHQ have direct access to German Telekom's servers, so that any traffic can be monitored and associated to a person without any further effort when using the transparent proxy.

Edited by User

Hello,

i've contacted a T-Mobile Germany Representative and they could reconstruct the problem and implemented a fix for it.

The issue should be resolved in the whole Network of T-Mobile Germany ("Telekom D1")

Thanks to Marcos for the initial hint.