Auto alert on new version

Guest Anony Mouse

Guest Anony Mouse

I think ESET should have an automatic pop up (like when your licence expires) stating that a new version is available with a link to install, or have an auto update button to automatically update the version of software with minimal user intervention and minimal user research required.

• Administrators

Since antivirus software is deeply integrated with the operating system, any upgrade to a newer version may potentially cause issues. For this reason, ESET has never rushed with program components updates and pushed them to users within a short time. ESET cares about safety of their customers and we will never take actions that might jeopardize the stability of users' systems.

Guest Anony Mouse

But surely that doesn't stop you just making a pop up appear that alerts users of a new version? Otherwise the version could be updated just after someone has renewed for 3 years and by the time they come to renew and find out about a new version they may be 2 or 3 versions behind?

Hello Guest_Anony Mouse_*.

I use SS6 and have a task set up under tools>scheduler to periodically check for product version updates automatically (yes, it is not a pop-up). If I recall correctly (and I could be mistaken), when one is available, it does provide me with an update link within the ESET SS6 window.

I am not sure if this also applies to NOD32.

Sincerely,

Edited by TomFace

Guest Anony Mouse

Hello Guest_Anony Mouse_*.

I use SS6 and have a task set up under tools>scheduler to periodically check for product version updates automatically (yes, it is not a pop-up). If I recall correctly (and I could be mistaken), when one is available, it does provide me with an update link within the ESET SS6 window.

I am not sure if this also applies to NOD32.

Sincerely,

Hi TomFace,

That sounds good, again would be better as a popup but they may be myself personally, I suppose other users may find that irritating where as the task you have mentioned may well be a less "nagging" solution.

I shall have a look a bit later when I get home.