manual download of signatures

Guest Peter

Guest Peter

Hi,

I have a bad internet connection and NOD cannot finish downloading the update file. Is there a place where I can download the latest signature and manually update ?

• Administrators

No, only business versions of the products allow for creation of a local copy of update files (so-called mirror). What's the approximate size of the files you have issues with? Are you able to download smaller files than 10 MB fine?

Guest Peter

I can download small files OK. For larger files, I have to stop and resume numerous time to get the whole file downloaded.

Is it a laptop whereby you could take the machine to say, a coffee-shop with a better connection?  The update files are normally small - but once in a while we see large files - it might also be that you're hitting a server with a high load, or latency between you and the update server - you could try again in a short while and the file might be faster.... :)

• 2 months later...

No, only business versions of the products allow for creation of a local copy of update files (so-called mirror). What's the approximate size of the files you have issues with? Are you able to download smaller files than 10 MB fine?

With a business version I can download the sigs and move them to a computer that is offline so that it can auto-update?  Where can I find documentation about that - via a CLI?

with the business edition, you create a local mirror - you can then copy the mirror files to a USB device, and use local paths or UNC network paths:

hxxp://download.eset.com/manuals/ESET_ERA_User_Guide_EN.pdf

It's been a long time since I did it this way for a client, but I recall we created a folder called c:\eset_mirror\ - copied the files from the mirror computer which did have access onto a thumb-drive, then copied that folder onto the offline machine, fired up update on the offline machine after pointing the update folder to c:\eset_mirror and the machine updated.... caveat - I haven't used this method in a couple of years though.