ESET Smart Security 8 fail to install on Win 10. Steps taken.

Since the firewall in version 9 is bugged when running in interactive mode. I tried to install 8.0.319.0
Install fails at the end with rollback.

Clean install Windows 10 Pro, build: 10586.17.amd64fre.th2_release.151121-2308

Steps taken, short version:
ESETUninstaller in safemode /w networking (also with /reinst)
Checked permissions on /inf/
Deleted ESET related .inf/.pnf
ESET related deleted from AppData and ProgramData
Checked registry permissions HKLM\...\Services
Recreated catroot2
Windows Firewall disabled
Checked Epfw NDIS LightWeight Filter and similar
UAC disabled
DEP disabled
SFC /verifyonly run and cbs.log checked
/inf/setupapi.dev.log checked
Did a capture with procmon. Didn't dive too deep into it thou. Can provide a filtered version if someone wants to.

Attaching files doesn't seen to work for me (actually the forum seems to crash). Verbose msi log can be downloaded here:
hxxp://adiz.se/eset_1416.zip

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Before the install rolls back, backup the folder C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Drivers\epfwlwf\. Then right-click "EpfwLwf.inf" and select Install from the context menu. Does the driver install alright?

Before the install rolls back, backup the folder C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Drivers\epfwlwf\. Then right-click "EpfwLwf.inf" and select Install from the context menu. Does the driver install alright?

Yes. The driver doesn't give any errors and show up in the DriverStore.

Late update; also tried ESS 7 to take the upgradefromseventonine route as suggested in the forums. Same error. Didn't work.

Awesome support I might add.

• Administrators

I would definitely contact Customer care as the case needs to be consulted with engineers and tracked. According to the install log provided, the install was failing on installing epfwlwf driver. This operation is performed by the operating system itself so it's hard to tell why it's failing. Engineers might be able to give some further hints for troubleshooting the issue further.

I would definitely contact Customer care as the case needs to be consulted with engineers and tracked. According to the install log provided, the install was failing on installing epfwlwf driver. This operation is performed by the operating system itself so it's hard to tell why it's failing. Engineers might be able to give some further hints for troubleshooting the issue further.

Started a case with support. Will post back if a solution is found. Thanks for your reply.