Between ESET products .. do it needs deinstalling & clearing?

dxcarnadi

Hello

I've ordered at Amazon a copy of ESET NOD32 Antivirus with a rescue CD.
Because of Christmas business the shipment would take longer.

Next week the actual Antivirus software (McAfee), which runs in my computer, needs renewal.
I will change to ESET. That means I'll deinstall & "clear" McAfee.

I think, I can bridge the time with an ESET NOD32 Antivirus to test 1 month free. I'll get it online.

When the CD package comes after Christmas, can I install it "above" the "test software" without deinstalling & clearing before?
Thank you.

• Most Valued Members

download the mcafee removal tool  and save it to your pc

hxxp://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

run it and follow the instructions.

after that install the eset program that you will receive.

never install more than one AV products on the same pc.

all versions of home products of eset are the same. trial and full version are just differentiated by the product key used.

when you request a trial version a special key will be used that is valid for 30 days. after you get your package and open it, you will just replace the old key with the new one and all will be just fine

Edited by pavilion_alex

• Administrators

I wouldn't install ESET from a CD as it usually contains an older version of the product than the one available on the web. Simply download ESET NOD32 Antivirus from ESET's website, install it and activate a 30-day trial version. After you've received the package, in the Help and support section of the main gui select "Change license" and enter your new license key.

When deciding between ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security, also consider the fact that ESET Smart Security uses network signatures that allow for blocking certain malware (including some Filecoders) at the network level which substantially improves protection.

I wouldn't install ESET from a CD as it usually contains an older version of the product than the one available on the web. Simply download ESET NOD32 Antivirus from ESET's website, install it and activate a 30-day trial version. After you've received the package, in the Help and support section of the main gui select "Change license" and enter your new license key.

When deciding between ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security, also consider the fact that ESET Smart Security uses network signatures that allow for blocking certain malware (including some Filecoders) at the network level which substantially improves protection.

Thanks Marcos-I did not know that. I learned something new today. :)

Edited by TomFace

Does this apply to version 8 as well?  Or only version 9?

Thank you.

dxcarnadi, on 15 Dec 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hello

I've installed an ESET Antivirus in a local language. It scans now my computer.

Can I change the language into english? Thank you.

See hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3552/

I think you should be able to use the same license key. 

Or just wait till you get your regular license key and do the change then.

Edited by TomFace