GetFile: Failed to connect to HTTP proxy

I'm trying to install Eset Endpoint Security V 6.2.2033.1 with a Software installation Task. When I look in the Task it is telling me, that the client can't connect to the HTTP proxy.

I don't have a HTTP proxy running and I don't have a policy which is saying the ERA Client should use a HTTP proxy.

Anyone can tell me why the clients are trying to reach a non existing proxy and how I can tell the clients to work directly with the Eset server instead of using a proxy?

Actually I'm not able to install Endpoint security and I don't like to run around and install it manually on 500 clients.

Yes, I did and the proxy server entry is turned off - in all existing policys. This is why I am confused that clients want to connect to a proxy server.

Also the connection interval is set to 60 seconds so usually the clients should know that there is no proxy.

I deleted all Tasks and Policies and made them new.

When trying to install a client by remote I'm getting the following message now:

GetFile: Error reading HTTP response data (0x4e2a)

No Log entries in the ERA logs on client and server and no more information, not even when creating a report.

Any idea what could this error mean?

• ESET Staff

I deleted all Tasks and Policies and made them new.

When trying to install a client by remote I'm getting the following message now:

GetFile: Error reading HTTP response data (0x4e2a)

No Log entries in the ERA logs on client and server and no more information, not even when creating a report.

Any idea what could this error mean?

Hello,

error message "Error reading HTTP response data" indicates that received HTTP data were not complete -> most probably connection was interrupted before all data could be downloaded (timeout?). I guess you are using "Remote installation" to Windows machine, but we will need to know where exactly you found this error (ERA Server trace.log?) because remote installation will download files on both ERA Server and also on client machine.

In case it was download on client, please make sure hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/ is directly available from client you are deploying, otherwise task will be failing.

• ESET Staff

So this may be the reason. I am not allowed to open hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/. I am getting a 403 Forbidden error.

Is there a way to use other repositorys from Eset or make my own repository on my ERA server?

Hello,

I think it works correctly with 403 error (there is no index in that page) .. you can alternatively test complete url: hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/info.meta that should download you metadata file.

But again to core of your problem .. it fails only on one client? repeatedly? Task will be downloading a quite big file (MSI installer). Is client connection capable of downloading it directly in reasonable time (~minutes)? I would also suggest to enable DEBUG trace logging, re-run task and search trace.log of AGENT for lines with "SoftwareInstallation" -> you should be at least able to identify file that it fails to download

Nope, it fails on several clients but not every time.

I made a task that is running every hour now which tries to install the client software. By time I get installed all clients.