New Build Available! (349)

• Administrators

Can you disable the LiveGrid alert in the latest build 9.0.349?

It's always been possible to disable LiveGrid. As of v9, the protection status changes to red to warn the user that protection against current threats is not ensured if LiveGrid is disabled completely. It's possible to disable submission of statistics and suspicious files which doesn't change the protection status, however. Of course, this is not recommended, otherwise ESET may not be able to clean potential threats if you encounter any as ESET needs to get malicious files in order to add a signature detection.

Can you disable the LiveGrid alert in the latest build 9.0.349?

It's always been possible to disable LiveGrid. As of v9, the protection status changes to red to warn the user that protection against current threats is not ensured if LiveGrid is disabled completely. It's possible to disable submission of statistics and suspicious files which doesn't change the protection status, however. Of course, this is not recommended, otherwise ESET may not be able to clean potential threats if you encounter any as ESET needs to get malicious files in order to add a signature detection.

Thank you Marcos. I already know this because you have mentioned it in another thread that were closed :) I wished you could disable the alert notification from LiveGrid. Just give the user a warning when disabling LiveGrid and if the user accept the danger from disabling LiveGrid then it's on them if anything happens. I think you mentioned that in feature build you could disable alert warnings. Please add this feature.

Marcos,

Why on earth cannot one update from ESS 9.0.318 to 9.0.349 using the 'check for updates' button under 'product update'. Otherwise i don't really see what purpose this button actually serves...

• Former ESET Employees

Marcos of this year is expected to build 349 through the live updater for non-English speaking users?

The plan is to release all localized builds by the beginning of January.

• ESET Insiders

I wonder what follows so slowly with them soon called? Because one already waiting now a month later that the new build at last in German is now available, but still nothing of it in sight that has to follow shortly but did nothing to do and what I call now times very clear customer deprivation! After over 10 years Eset I will if my license has expired you will not again but switch to Extend Kaspersky, because there is one customer-friendly oriented, which is even now can no longer say Eset.

• Administrators

I wonder what follows so slowly with them soon called? Because one already waiting now a month later that the new build at last in German is now available, but still nothing of it in sight that has to follow shortly but did nothing to do and what I call now times very clear customer deprivation! After over 10 years Eset I will if my license has expired you will not again but switch to Extend Kaspersky, because there is one customer-friendly oriented, which is even now can no longer say Eset.

Pushing ESET to release untested builds with localization bugs is not good. We want to release quality products and not products that haven't passed pre-release QA tests. Users can still use 9.0.318 or the latest v8 in case of some issues with v9.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

When is ready this build for 9.0.351 for other languages ?

Very slowly the translation is made!I dropped another company for this!

NOW ESET is very very SLOW in translation.

• Administrators

It's not about slow translation at all. Localized build had to pass pre-release QA tests during which issues have been found. Our goal is to release only quality products, not half-baked ones. We did not announce any exact release date as we knew that issues might arise that would hinder the release. Localized versions 9.0.3xx should be available soon.

• ESET Staff

May I quote some green short-size guy talking about patience? ;)

@Marcos is right. The quality of the product is very important, and is one of the biggest assets of ESET.

Is better to wait until they are ready to fully enjoy the protection and the fix's.

That's all what i hear here, patience,  come on version 9 have had enough time to be stable and correct working for windows 10

It's not about slow translation at all. Localized build had to pass pre-release QA tests during which issues have been found. Our goal is to release only quality products, not half-baked ones. We did not announce any exact release date as we knew that issues might arise that would hinder the release. Localized versions 9.0.3xx should be available soon.

Well version 9 is a half-baked one!!!

• ESET Insiders

Normally, I would agree with them there, but I wonder if they still want to share any halbgarren versions, but this new version might not be available in English also and especially the 9 version is expected but then also not have problems with Windows 10, but because they like it so nicely say no halbgarren versions Publishing! It's the way it's been since zich years, Eset simply do not learn from our mistakes. ( German: Normalerweise würde ich ihnen da zustimmen, nur ich frage mich wenn sie doch keine halbgarren Versionen Freigeben möchten, dann dürften diese neue Version aber auch nicht auf Englisch Verfügbar sein und vor allem dürfte die 9er Version doch dann auch nicht die Probleme mit Windows 10 haben, da sie doch wie sie so schön sagen keine halbgarren Versionen Veröffentlichen! Es ist so wie es schon seit zich Jahren ist, Eset lernt einfach nicht aus Fehlern. )

• Administrators

Well version 9 is a half-baked one!!!

Please create a new topic for issues you've had with v9 so that we can react accordingly.

I have had a live chat with the dutch eset support , they have installed version 8 of smart security.

I wait till there is a stable and working version of version 9

• Administrators

I have had a live chat with the dutch eset support , they have installed version 8 of smart security.

I wait till there is a stable and working version of version 9

V9 is stable and working. As already asked before, please report issues in separate topics so that they are not mixed in one.

• ESET Insiders

And still no German version, so slowly I find really funny to see how difficult it is an AV manufacturer with the various language versions does! Do you think that you are still hinbekommt this year ??? :D  :D  ;) ( German: Und immer noch keine Deutsche Version, so langsam finde ich es wirklich lustig zu sehen wie schwer sich ein AV Hersteller mit den verschiedenen Sprachversionen tut! Meint ihr das ihr es noch dieses Jahr hinbekommt???)

It is a very big joke that there no various language versions are available.

I have recently renewed mine licence, but after 6 years it's was the last time.

I have a license for 3 devices but, one laptop has already another securiy brand.

And other antivirus/ firwall have much better forum than Esest has,

Sorry for my poor English

• Administrators

I strongly doubt that a single user would prefer getting flawed installers to getting them with the appropriate delay needed for fixing and undergoing QA tests. As already said, other language versions will follow soon.

I strongly doubt that a single user would prefer getting flawed installers to getting them with the appropriate delay needed for fixing and undergoing QA tests. As already said, other language versions will follow soon.

These QA tests had have been made in the beta stadium.

I don't know who the beta testers are, but no good job was done.

It's for me the first version of ESET with so many bugs.

And reading this forum still more bugs are shown

At this moment no more advice from me to install ESET

• ESET Insiders

It is a very big joke that there no various language versions are available.

I have recently renewed mine licence, but after 6 years it's was the last time.

I have a license for 3 devices but, one laptop has already another securiy brand.

And other antivirus/ firwall have much better forum than Esest has,

Sorry for my poor English

Could not agree more!  ( German:  Kann dem nur Zustimmen! )

These QA tests had have been made in the beta stadium.

I don't know who the beta testers are, but no good job was done.

It's for me the first version of ESET with so many bugs.

And reading this forum still more bugs are shown

At this moment no more advice from me to install ESET

Even this statement can only agree! ( German: Auch dieser Aussage kann man nur Zustimmen! )

Edited by SlashRose

• ESET Insiders

You hear now since about 7 weeks! Ridiculous ( German: Das Hört man jetzt schon seit ca.7 Wochen! Lächerlich )