Eset brakes Windows when it goes to standby

gimel

I just uninstalled Endpoint 5 and installed Endpoint 6 on several Windows 7 machines.

Now I have the same problem on several computers:

The computer goes in standby and is frozen. The monitor stays in stanby when trying to wake up the computer. Sometimes the monitor awakes and I can see the mouse pointer but nothing else (black background) then after a few seconds the system freezes.

I always have to cold reboot the computer.

Of course, I could disable the standby on all computers but it's not a good solution.

It may be the same as this: https://forum.eset.com/topic/3932-windows-sleepshut-down-problem/

Any information on such issue?

• Administrators

Please configure Windows to generate complete memory dump as per the instructions at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb380/. When the system freezes, trigger a manual crash so that a dump is generated. After restarting the computer, compress the memory dump, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.

We are having the same problem.  Random lock ups.  All Windows 7 and the current version of EndPoint Security.  The computes just become nonresponsive and require a hard reboot.  I'm not sure that a Memory Dump is going to happen in those cases.  We will setup a few to dump just to be sure, but I don't think we are going to get anything since no BSOD is occurring, just a lock up. 

One computer just had a freeze while the user was working so the problem might occur not only when the computer goes in standby. :-/

You can download the memory dump from here: 

After I did the dump, I thought it would have been better to boot into safe mode after the crash/freeze so that I don't load Windows with every program. This way memory has less chance to be trashed. Right?

Edited by Marcos
Dump downloaded, link removed

We are having the same problem. Random lock ups. All Windows 7 and the current version of EndPoint Security. The computes just become nonresponsive and require a hard reboot. I'm not sure that a Memory Dump is going to happen in those cases. We will setup a few to dump just to be sure, but I don't think we are going to get anything since no BSOD is occurring, just a lock up.

I have one computer that has now locked up 3 times in the last hour or so. I had to reconfigure the dump options to use ctrl d ctrl d to force the dump. It would not dump after the lock up so the dump is from after the forced reboot. Edited by EdSatori