I haven't had an antivirus for a while, so I wanted to try Eset smart security out because my friend said it was good(trial). However, I can't as I keep getting the error message 1603 when trying to install it.

Also, my operating system is windows 10

post-9990-0-39697100-1449539020_thumb.png

• Most Valued Members

Have you tried running the specialized cleaner the installer is suggesting ??

Or tried an online scan to see if you can check if you are infected with something.

quickscan.bitdefender.com

• Former ESET Employees

The error message is covered in this KB Article: KB2955

which recommends a manual installation. Instructions can be found HERE

if this fails, let us know.

I did what it said on the article. I rebooted in safe mode using the eset uninstaller.exe, and found there was an eset installation, and uninstalled it successfully. I rebooted my computer in normal mode, and retried the installer, but still error 1603

• Administrators

Please download an offline installer from ESET's website and follow the instructions at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb406 to create install logs. When done, collect logs using ESET Log Collector (hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3466/) and send them all to me via a pm.

I'm having trouble with the third step 

1. Click the Browse button and navigate to the folder containing the .msi install file (e.g., eav_nt32_ENU.msi). Select All Files from the Files of type drop-down menu. Double-click the .msi install file.

Where can I find this folder containing this .msi file?

• ESET Insiders

Where can I find this folder containing this .msi file?

You should find it in the directory "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Installer"