RE: false detection of OneDrive temp files on windows 10 threshold 2

I am unable to access my forum post under the topic "false detection of OneDrive temp files on windows 10 threshold 2". I can see that there is a response to my posting, but when I try and access the topic when i'm both logged in and when I'm logged out of the eset forums, I get a "You do not have permission to view this forum." error.

the link to my forum posting is here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/6806-false-detection-of-onedrive-temp-files-on-windows-10-threshold-2/

I really don't know why I am being blocked from accessing my own forum topic. I didn't attach the files that were giving the false positives, opting to use ESS 9's submit sample feature instead (just in case there really was something wrong with the files which had not been modified since 2009, when they were uploaded to my onedrive (it was called something else back then)).

• Most Valued Members

maybe the moderators or the forum system thought you were a bot and blocked the topic.

i'm sure a solution will be found

• Administrators

I will need to ask other mods about this. Here is what I replied you:

The solution is to sign in to onedrive.live.com and remove the detected file from there.

My problem ism I don't think it is even possible for the files to be infected. The files were originally uploaded in 2009, well before the virus supposedly infected with was detected in the wild. The files which are only URL link files created originally from IE 6 or 7, have not been modified since 2009. the last modified date on the files on my OneDrive still are listed as 2009. the only way an infected file would hade gotten on my onedrive is if I was first infected with the virus, but I never was infected with LNK/AGENT.CH, ir anyother virus, malware or Trojan. In fact, the last virus I had was on a completely different computer (differernet computer from which the files in question originated as well) and came from a retail games floppy disk, but that was well over 15  years ago.

Edited by cybot

• Administrators

The detection is correct. I reckon it's a shortcut to a bogus website www. vlc. de which is detected and that url has been blocked for ages. It's just that a detection for the shortcut itself has been added recently.

now my post which I wasn't accessible has apparently been deleted. clicking the link above says the item couldn't be found. Oh, Well.....

I went and tried going to the websites the links contained, only to fid that ESET had indeed blocked them. I used ARCHIVE.ORG, and determined that the sites content had significantly changes since I had first bookmarked them years ago. whatever it is now is not what it used to be. I did this for the 'infected' URL link for 'hxxp://quirked.com/distortions'.I assume the same is the case for the other infected file(s).

FINAL NOTE:

DO NOT under any circumstances click the link above. I tried using the unlink button in the post editor to de-link-ify it, but when I clicked post, it turned back into a link. the link leads to a site which is now classified by ESET as a bad site. you have been warned.

Edited by cybot