Lost & Found Group

Hi all, I have implemented the ERA Server recently, and I have the next doubt:

After sync with Active Directory (Windows 2008 R2 DC x64) all groups and computers appeared in ERA Server. However, after deploy the ERA Agent all computers appeared cloned in Lost & Found Group. The status of the computers in the syncronized group are "unknow", but the status of the computers in the Lost & Found Group is ok, with all information about computer (Product, version, DB, etc).

Why is it happening? Have I to move all computers from Lost & Found to their respective groups?

Thanks in advance

• ESET Staff

Hi all, I have implemented the ERA Server recently, and I have the next doubt:

After sync with Active Directory (Windows 2008 R2 DC x64) all groups and computers appeared in ERA Server. However, after deploy the ERA Agent all computers appeared cloned in Lost & Found Group. The status of the computers in the syncronized group are "unknow", but the status of the computers in the Lost & Found Group is ok, with all information about computer (Product, version, DB, etc).

Why is it happening? Have I to move all computers from Lost & Found to their respective groups?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

merging of duplicate computer has been redesigned for ERA 6.2 but certain scenarios (unfortunately as yours) were found not working as expected. Please remove all "unmanaged" computers (or even remove whole group where you synchronized AD) and try to run AD synchronization task again. Also make sure all computers are named properly in Lost&Found group before you run synchronization task (you can use computers renaming task).