Personal Firewall disables native MS products Edge, Store and Search (Internet) on Windows 10

Go to solution Solved by planet,

Just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10.

I've got ESET Smart Security 9.

My issue is that native MS programs such as Edge browser, Store, Skype and Search (internet, not local) is not connected to internet.

My PC has ethernet cable connection to the router.

Programs like Firefox and ESET (e.g. update virus database) works just fine, i.e. the PC does have internet access.

Solution: Disable "Personal Firewall" in ESET.

So, for me to use Edge, Store, Skype or Search (internet) I have to disable ESET firewall and activate Windows firewall.

Anyone seen the same?

Edited by JonasBang

• Administrators

To put it right, ESET firewall doesn't disable anything but most functionalities of Windows firewall. With v9 installed, you can run the firewall troubleshooting wizard to view recently blocked communications and create allowing rules with ease.

• Most Valued Members
  • Solution

No, it doesn't sound like how it should behave with the default settings as I've never needed to touch the firewall. I would either set the settings back to do default, or if it's not working, repair ESS, or if that's not working still, uninstall (see if it works uninstalled) then reinstall ESS.

• Most Valued Members

i have windows 10 and v9 installed. i have no issues with the MS programs.

perhaps incorrect registry settings during the upgrade process prevented those programs from accessing the internet.

go to personal firewall settings and click the arrows next to each category to revert to defaults. after that reboot the computer and check if internet access is available to these products.

post-382-0-22639400-1448811699_thumb.png