NOD32 update alerts

Gerix

...running NOD32 anti-virus v90318 in Win 7 x86

I have set the "ask before downloading" mode.

I see repeated update nags from the app, several each day. I want to turn these OFF and update manually every three days or so.

I don't want to block ESET updates. There seems to be no way for a user to modify this.

Anyway I am considering reverting to version 8 to remove these messages. I like NOD32 .

So I'd appreciate any advice!

• Administrators

It is crucial to keep an AV program updated as often as possible. Even a 1-hour gap deteriorates protection capabilities of the AV which is why cloud approach is important nowadays. What you can do is to disable automatic update tasks in Scheduler but I wouldn't recommend that as you'd expose your computer at risk if it's connected to the Internet or if you use removable media to transfer files between various computers.

...running NOD32 anti-virus v90318 in Win 7 x86

I have set the "ask before downloading" mode.

I see repeated update nags from the app, several each day. I want to turn these OFF and update manually every three days or so.

I don't want to block ESET updates. There seems to be no way for a user to modify this.

Anyway I am considering reverting to version 8 to remove these messages. I like NOD32 .

So I'd appreciate any advice!

Hello Gerix:

I too had some update nags (for New Signatures) and confirmation messages after virus signatures were updated.

Click to Open NOD32 9 and then click the SETUP tab on the Left. In lower left of NOD32 window click on ADVANCED SETUP.           Now click on the UPDATE tab on the Left.            Click "+"  Button for BASIC and uncheck "Disable Display Notification After Sucessful Update."

Under BASIC you will see UPDATE MODE. Click  "+"  sign to open this and UNCHECK "Ask Before Downloading Update."

Signatures are now Automatically updated in the background with no overt messages. I assume program updates will too. You can try seeing if a checked "Ask Before Downloading Update" only applies to program version updates (and not virus signature updates too) by keeping this box checked. Again, I have this UNCHECKED and see no OVERT messages.

Edited by spotter4me