GUI won't open

PHC

Recently installed Endpoint Antivirus 6.2.2033.0 on a Windows 8.1 64 bit machine. It installs fine and appears to work as normal. However, when double clicking the E icon in the taskbar nothing happens. I've uninstalled and re-installed and the issue stills occurs. It seems to work fine on our Windows 7 64 bit machines. Is there a work around for this? Thanks.

• ESET Moderators

I'm not familiar with a known issue regarding opening ESET on W 8.1. We have the ESET Knowledgebase article Can I use my ESET Endpoint product with Microsoft Windows 8.x? that lists known issues, but this one isn't on the list. I'll check with developers and technical support to see if others are reporting this as well. 

If I try to launch it via the start menu, it looks like it's going to open since it shows up in the toolbar but I still can't get the window to popup.

post-9826-0-46070600-1448456552_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

@PHC there are a few scenarios where we have seen this, one of which is related to user rights on the client workstation. I don't see a case open currently for your issue but I spoke with technical support and if you create a case, they will definitely be able to see what's causing the block (blocking ESET gui from opening). Email or chat: hxxp://www.eset.com/us/support/contact-us/ 

Having the same issue.  Right-clicking the eset icon in the system tray does nothing.  Opening from the start menu doesn't work either (although an icon appears in the task bar.)  Seems random in that it works on one computer, but not on another that is 'identical' with a user with the same permissions/group membership etc.

Having the same issue.  Right-clicking the eset icon in the system tray does nothing.  Opening from the start menu doesn't work either (although an icon appears in the task bar.)  Seems random in that it works on one computer, but not on another that is 'identical' with a user with the same permissions/group membership etc.

I'm opening a ticket. I'm a domain admin so I know it's not a user rights issue.

I'm opening a ticket. I'm a domain admin so I know it's not a user rights issue.

Yea, my testing confirms this as well.   Im guessing its a policy issue, but am not sure.

• 1 month later...

I would check your policy settings under <user interface elements>/<start mode>

I bet it's set to "minimal" if so change it to "full" and once the policy gets pushed you should be able to open the GUI

• 7 months later...