ESET Generic USB Fixer integration into ESET

ABHISHEK

Hi,

We are facing number of cases regarding shortcuts folder/icons and data hide issue in external USB/Pen Drives on daily basis.

Kindly integrate ESET Generic USB Fixer tool in ESET application itself.

• Most Valued Members

what you describe might be a defective usb drive or generic issues with the OS.

a company creating antivirus/security products is not in position to create repair programs for usb sticks.

for that, consult the support articles from the usb stick/drive manufacturer website.

Edited by pavilion_alex

Facing the same issue.It would be better for us if USB fixer is integrated in the application itself. Most of the customer are  photographer and they  complain a lot regarding the issue. 

• Administrators

It will be probably integrated into the specialized cleaner which is an on-demand cleaner integrated in the product and also available as a command line tool.

what you describe might be a defective usb drive or generic issues with the OS.

a company creating antivirus/security products is not in position to create repair programs for usb sticks.

for that, consult the support articles from the usb stick/drive manufacturer website.

Tried same.

Not useful.

I'm the owner of the cyber cafe and around 40 to 50 customer daily complain same issue out of which most of them are photographer. May i know when you all going to release the integrated version.Hope the problem is fixed in next release. 

mine work would be deducted by 30-40% if you all resolve the issue. 

it is not possible for us to run or fix each and every pen drive daily. And some of the customer brings the corrupted pen drive and complains that it was caused due to ESET.

Hope you understand my  situation. 

• 2 weeks later...

we are leading IT Company from Gujarat since over a decade engaged in Software Distribution. I caught a same issue on our client's flash drive at work and it appears to have changed all their file names to shortcuts so we need to some generic solution which integrate in ESET application itself rather than the tool. It would be better for all.

• Administrators

we are leading IT Company from Gujarat since over a decade engaged in Software Distribution. I caught a same issue on our client's flash drive at work and it appears to have changed all their file names to shortcuts so we need to some generic solution which integrate in ESET application itself rather than the tool. It would be better for all.

See my post #6.

• 1 month later...

Hello ESET Team

I am Working as Sr Techno Marketing and Channel Developing Executive in Amity Infosoft Pvt Ltd,but now recently past few time one problem found, ESET can remove USB Hidden Data solution (.LNK Infection) but still not show hidden data file, and other Antivirus can do, so i humble request to Team please sort out this case and update in hidden data solution, because of end user can't have USB Fixer tool, and now some time other Antivirus can do Cross Marketing, please sort out, also Dealers demanding.

reply positive,

thanks

• Administrators

ESET support should be able to provide you with a tool that moves files from the hidden folder to the root folder. In the future, we'll probably make it a part of the Specialized cleaner which is integrated in the product but it won't be automatic for safety and performance reasons.

• 2 months later...

Use ESET Generic USB fixer or unhide files manually. It's not possible to do it by the product itself.

can i get the link to download.

searching through eset or google, found nothing.

thank you.

Edited by macros