6.3 to be released within the first two weeks of December

After speaking to one of the Engineers at ESET, he told me that the Dev team is currently working out the kinks for 6.3 and it should be released within the first two weeks of December. I still have not upgraded to 6.2 yet and he also casually mentioned that from "looking at the changelogs, it would be worth waiting for 6.3" and that there are significant changes.

No official release date is planned, but I think we can all be on the lookout for a newer version in the next 2-3 weeks. 

• ESET Staff

I have to clarify the above posted information. Although the release date was originally anticipated to happen in December 2015 (first two weeks), as it was still an unconfirmed information, it was possibly a "subject of change".

In this specific case, it was decided to postpone the release for January, 2016 (second half of January). Postponement is due to the feedback from the partner network, closing of the Christmas season, and other non-product related issues. We will still reach the "technical readiness" in December, however we would like to get well prepared for the launch, due to the extensive change-log for this release. Please stay tuned for more official info.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for the info, realy bad that a user must post this!

Why? It'll be released when it's ready, and until it's ready it won't be released. If the release is delayed due to a bug the surely thats preferred?

All that will happen now is that people will hound ESET to release it, and that can't be good.

Thanks for the info, realy bad that a user must post this!

Why? It'll be released when it's ready, and until it's ready it won't be released. If the release is delayed due to a bug the surely thats preferred?

All that will happen now is that people will hound ESET to release it, and that can't be good.

Yes and No, actualy the answers/reactiontime to Support questions are realy bad so the hope of a new release is good to know. Befor this post i thought ESET will "die" / "collapse"

The when is still open but now we know the release is near.

• Former ESET Employees

Befor this post i thought ESET will "die" / "collapse"

What on earth would make you think that?

And to further clarify what Michal said, v6.3 will be released when it's ready. That date hasn't been set yet, regardless of what anyone at ESET has said thus far. We want to ensure that when it is made available, the quality of the changes we've made are as high as can be. 

Befor this post i thought ESET will "die" / "collapse"

What on earth would make you think that?

And to further clarify what Michal said, v6.3 will be released when it's ready. That date hasn't been set yet, regardless of what anyone at ESET has said thus far. We want to ensure that when it is made available, the quality of the changes we've made are as high as can be. 

I work in IT for over 10 years, your Support is ATM like nothing. Quick answer for simple things and no reaction for deeper problems from ESET directly or from our local support.

(in the Forum i get some answer for my questions but many special things are still open with no answer from the support)

As customer i feel leave. I see some parallels from the past and from other companys...

We have 600 license for eset and since september no help for some deeper problems with your "new" FS for our Server.(problems with backup over DPM)

Also open: all of our win7 Clients Show a wrong Status "Windows Security Center indicates that the feature is not installed or is not running properly..." since 2 month -> also no coments when this will solved

If i where a new customer and read about so many problems, i will look for a other sulotion and this is the first step for a company to goes down...

I would advise you to increase your support levels.