ESET 9 Slowing my computer down

Hey,

So ever since I installed ESET 9 I've been noticing slow start up and shut down times with my PC. It's not all the time but it happens more than it doesn't.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Did you revert back to ESET 8 and if so how? Did it fix the problem?

Hey,

So ever since I installed ESET 9 I've been noticing slow start up and shut down times with my PC. It's not all the time but it happens more than it doesn't.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Did you revert back to ESET 8 and if so how? Did it fix the problem?

Or could this be PC Doctor?

• Administrators

If downgrading to v8 makes a difference, stay with v8 until the next service build of v9 is released which should be just a few weeks away.

...............Did you revert back to ESET 8 and if so how?.............

Hello LinkinForcer. For a list of offline installers of different versions see...hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2885/

So download your version, uninstall your existing version (hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2788/) and install the version you selected.

(I do not believe you can overlay an older version over a newer one......but I could be incorrect :rolleyes:).

Edited by TomFace

Thanks guys.

After a bit of trial and error I went back to 8. Things seem to be working fine again and I have no slow downs.

I'm not sure what is going on with 9 but it does make booting up and shutting down the computer slower.

I also noticed hiccups here and there while trying to open a program and also noticed slower Internet on Firefox.

I think I'll stick with 8 for now and let the bugs of 9 get worked out before I upgrade.

Thanks guys.

After a bit of trial and error I went back to 8. Things seem to be working fine again and I have no slow downs.

I'm not sure what is going on with 9 but it does make booting up and shutting down the computer slower.

I also noticed hiccups here and there while trying to open a program and also noticed slower Internet on Firefox.

I think I'll stick with 8 for now and let the bugs of 9 get worked out before I upgrade.

Smart move LinkinForcer :)

Edited by jadinolf

i experienced the same thing, thatch why i moved back to 8, ssl problems, http, and other stuff that affecting the performance and usability to the customer