Encrypted SSL untrusted certificate

for a few days i keep getting like one per day random time that: 

post-1386-0-52507300-1375549732_thumb.png

every time it's another value for "Certificate:" but same application and it's not showing up at Skype start or something just random time while doing random things

here are some pics about the certificate if needed:

post-1386-0-94103000-1375550330_thumb.png

it's always a different "Valid from" but always from 2010 and the details are always very different this one is with the most things in that list

i just need to know why is this showing up, and if i should trust them/install them i've always said "No" to that and nothing is wrong with Skype or anything else

i think this happens after the last Skype update

• Former ESET Employees

Hello babagaga24,

There was a lot of work done in V6.0.308.0 to address this and similar issues with SSL. We are now on version 6.0.316.0 - You'll want to update your software here . Please let us know if this doesn't resolve the issue so we can ask you for more information. At this point all we know is that you're using ESS 5. Version 6.0.308.0 addressed SSL issues that were not browser specific so updating your version to the latest would still be a good idea. 

Kind Regards,

Javier

I thinik the question was regarding the untrusted ISP root certificate which is unrelated to ESET.

yes that's what i want to know, what's with that, today it showed up like 3 times in a row (3-4 min delay) then stopped but with some very long "Certificate:" name with like 3-4 letters and 8-10 numbers, and to all of those the Issuer was some kind of company(can't remember the name, can't find it in history) and googled it and i found that was some kind of firewall, security company but didn't made any further searches

I thinik the question was regarding the untrusted ISP root certificate which is unrelated to ESET.

yes that's what i want to know, what's with that, today it showed up like 3 times in a row (3-4 min delay) then stopped but with some very long "Certificate:" name with like 3-4 letters and 8-10 numbers, and to all of those the Issuer was some kind of company(can't remember the name, can't find it in history) and googled it and i found that was some kind of firewall, security company but didn't made any further searches

BUMP

anyone knows?

• Administrators

Check the list of installed applications and try uninstalling those that might redirect https communication through them.

silly question perhaps - but have you run the windows update that was root certificate related?  (I believe these are optional updates - although I don't think they should be).

Edited by webyourbusiness