Thank you ESET! NOD32 blocked a telemetry attempt from Firefox

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Wow, what is going on with the world?! First Micro$h4ft and now Mozilla??   I can't thank ESET enough for protecting its users against PUPs and now these kind of attempts! No other security product does all this in one lean and clean package! This is just with NOD32 Antivirus not even ESS!

Just saw this popup:

post-1272-0-21318200-1447993710_thumb.png

and this is despite my settings which don't allow such stuff!

post-1272-0-91251100-1447993876_thumb.png

Edited by Matrix Leader

• Administrators
  • Solution

That's odd. Although this was a kind of FP (the IP address was previously blocked due to PUAs) and it's already been unblocked, I thought it'd recently been blocked only for those who had telemetry enabled. On the other hand, the connection attempts don't necessarily mean that some collected data would have actually been submitted despite having telemetry disabled.

That's odd. Although this was a kind of FP (the IP address was previously blocked due to PUAs) and it's already been unblocked, I thought it'd recently been blocked only for those who had telemetry enabled. On the other hand, the connection attempts don't necessarily mean that some collected data would have actually been submitted despite having telemetry disabled.

strange, either way I am glad NOD32 goes this deep to protect users. Another user on another forurm commented that his Bitdefender AV didn't catch such attempts. This just makes me feel safer and happier that I use NOD32

• Most Valued Members

web browser telemetry feature is not to spy on it's users. it just sends data on how the browser works (slow loading when initially clicking on the shortcut to start it, craching, etc.) on each system, and as stated above it's a false positive, meaning it was mistakenly blocked and it will be unblocked in the next hours/days/weeks.

i have every telemetry enabled in both firefox and windows 10 and i never seen a blocked connection notification.