Specify static group in Agent installation command line

• Administrators

Static groups cannot be set by a command line parameter. Please provide more information about the scenario and what you want to accomplish.

• 1 year later...

I also want to accomplish this.  I am deploying Eset to different clients as we are a MSP Partner.  Since I am using an RMM tool I want a way to push a generic install out to customers and configure the install script to supply the static group.

• ESET Staff

Since version 6.5 it is possible to generate agent live installers, and installation packages for Endpoint/Agent, that can have this parameter shipped within the initial configuration. Maybe @MartinK will be able to share insight, if it is possible to somehow ship the parameter to it, during execution. You will have to somehow determine the internal Group ID, as I assume that this one is use, as the group name might not be unique (respects the hierarchy of multiple groups).

• ESET Staff

There is installation parameter P_INITIAL_STATIC_GROUP, but it is considered as internal. It takes special token, which cannot be generated manually and thus only possibility is to create live installer for each static group (BAT file) and copy token from it.

This token guarantees that user installing AGENTs won't be able to change initial static group to different, which may give him access to objects that does not belong to him.

23 hours ago, Katerina said:

I also want to accomplish this.  I am deploying Eset to different clients as we are a MSP Partner.  Since I am using an RMM tool I want a way to push a generic install out to customers and configure the install script to supply the static group.

Why not use different ESET certifcates for each customer? it gives you some control.

On 19/11/2015 at 0:04 AM, Baptiste Penaranda said:

Hi,

I would like to add a parameter to Agent installation command line : a static group, since I can set it with normal installation.

Any way to do this ?

I dont know if using command line.. but as long your agent.msi in the same path with install_config.ini (generated from ERA, select GPO or SCCM script). I am using shared folder, than execute remote command with msiexec.