schedule a full scan for a specific group

winstonsmith84

I have two seperate groups (regular PCs and one for PCs that are used late into the night). How do I schedule a full scan for one of these groups in particular? There is already a full scan task applied to the regular group which works. I want to move certain PCs to the late night group and schedule the task to start at a later time. Currently there are a small number of users that constatnly shut the scan off because they are still working. I did create another scan task but I have no idea how to apply it to the new late night group.

• ESET Staff

Hi  @winstonsmith84,

As you not mention which version of ERA are using I speak generally.

1. To prevent the user stop the scan,
    something like a password on ESET configuration should stop them.
    and also they run using a user with less privileges (standard security rule).

2. To setup an scheduled scan
    You can use this kb for ERAv5 hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3080/
    On ERAv6, hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3625

3. Setup a task
    - on ERAv5 should be right click on the group > new task > etc.
    - on ERAv6 is a bit different and I can't help you there.

Hope this help you! :)

• 10 months later...

I still can't figure out how to do this. I know how to schedule a scan through the policy manager / scheduler but that affects every single computer in the company. I don't want to do that. We run 24 hours. I can't have people working the night shift being hit with the scheduled scan while they're working. I have created two groups. One that is for day shift PCs and one that is for night shift PCs. I need to create two scheduled scans. One for each group so they can have their own start times. As it stands now everyone gets the scheduled scan at the same time at night and it's slowing down the night shift PCs. I tried right clicking on a group and choosing New Task but there was no option called New Task. I only get Create, Edit and Delete.

I believe your are referencing Version 5.x. In my test environment I have one SERVER POLICY which is my master policy and I also created a CHILD policy called "Accounting". In my SERVER POLICY I have all the computers in this group that are not part of the ACCOUNTING GROUP. I created a scheduled scan (not a task) policy in the SERVER POLICY for scans to run at 4am (before clients come to work) and in my CHILD policy for the ACCOUNTING group I created another scheduled scan policy to run at 12AM (after they leave for the day). both scans ran at their scheduled time.  You need to confirm from the CLIENTS tab that computers pertaining to your other group do have the Chile Policy applied to them. (ACTUAL POLICY)

If this is V6 you are running you create a Separate POLICY and then just force the Scheduled SCAN item for this other group so their scan does not start as same time as your MASTER scan. 

Edited by tmuster2k

Yes ERA 5. I thought there was a way to create a scheduled scan task and say "only apply to the following group". I could have sworn I did that before but I can't remember how I did it. I know I didn't create two policies though.

Edited by winstonsmith84

Scheduled scan is part of that policy you are currently configuring. You cannot have a task in one policy and apply that to a different group. Child policy works though.