eset 9.0.318 64bit problems with windows 10 1511

Hi everyone.

eset 9.0.318 x64 not work normaly in windows 10 1511 build10586 final RTM.

problems:

eset banking not work at all.

hips problem when installing and later after restart fixes automatically.

ssl/https problem that it is funny eset moderators say's that we most disable and re-enable to fix that. what a a software  that not work normally and we most do manual thing on that like old ...very old cars...

• Administrators

eset 9.0.318 x64 not work normaly in windows 10 1511 build10586 final RTM.

problems:

eset banking not work at all.

If you install Firefox or Chrome 32-bit, does it work? IE 11 x64 in Threashold 2 is not currently supported but will be as of the next v9 service release soon.

ssl/https problem that it is funny eset moderators say's that we most disable and re-enable to fix that. what a a software  that not work normally and we most do manual thing on that like old ...very old cars...

This is not ESET's fault. When importing the ESET root certificate to the trusted root certification authorities certificate store, the certificate database store must not be locked for the operation to succeed, ie. Firefox or Thunderbird need to be closed.

If you install Firefox or Chrome 32-bit, does it work? IE 11 x64 in Threashold 2 is not currently supported but will be as of the next v9 service release soon.

Not to pressure the staff, but do you have any ETA? :-)

Thanks for answering. I also have the same problems in the recent 1511 version of windows 10.

• Most Valued Members

just because they say that their programs are windows 10 compatible, doesn't mean that there will be no issues.

compatibility mean that the general features will work with no problems.

now since every user is different than the other not everyone will have the same problems..

eg. v9 on my win 10 machine works like a charm :D

Let just give them time to fix it.

Right now I got it all working flawlessly.

The HIPS error disappeared after I installed firefox 32bits. May just be a coincidence, but I used firefox for a while, and when I had to restart my pc it suddenly got working and no more errors since then. (it may work with other 32 bit browser too, as Marcos told in:

The ssl error has a way to fix it too. Just disable and enable it again.

With that steps I got it all working flawlessly. Thanks Marcos for the tip.

• ESET Insiders

just because they say that their programs are windows 10 compatible, doesn't mean that there will be no issues.

compatibility mean that the general features will work with no problems.

now since every user is different than the other not everyone will have the same problems..

eg. v9 on my win 10 machine works like a charm :D

That I do not believe, then alternate times Please Hip to Interactive, then you'll see what I mean!

• ESET Insiders

Let just give them time to fix it.

Right now I got it all working flawlessly.

As long as MS does not change certain things, Eset does not resolve the problem hip!

• ESET Insiders

As long as MS does not change certain things, Eset does not resolve the problem hip!

Too bad that it says nothing given, you would have more otherwise Preiß passed as man wants? (Deutsch: Schade das Eset Dazu nichts sagt, Müsste man sonst mehr Preiß GEBEN als Mann Möchte?)

​Edit 20.11.15: Too bad that the question is not answered !!! (Schade das die Frage nicht Beantwortet wird!!!)

Edited by SlashRose

SSL filtering is completely non-functional for me right now.  Fairly sure this started after updating to Windows 10 1511.  Chrome still has the Eset root certificate, and I have tried disabling/enabling SSL, as well as unchecking/rechecking the option to add the cert to all browsers.  I've even done a complete reinstall of Eset 9.  Everything else in Eset seems to be working.  And I can confirm that protocol filtering does work for HTTP, just not HTTPS.

I've also been unable to get the Eset cert added to Firefox on 3 separate PCs.  This has been an ongoing issue since I moved to Eset in fall 2014.  Happens with Windows Vista, 7, and 10.  It has persisted through uninstalls and complete resets/profile deletions in Firefox.  It's never been a real problem, as I rarely use Firefox.  But I do keep the Eset option add the root cert to browsers unchecked to prevent it from throwing up an error message at every reboot.

please work faster...

please fix bugs and realease another working version with all os and all software

post-9673-0-15023900-1448446954_thumb.jpg

why one of fastest most be there???

Edited by ymg2006

• Administrators

please work faster...

please fix bugs and realease another working version with all os and all software

attachicon.gifthe-best-antivirus-for-windows-10-revealed-496615-2.jpg

why one of fastest most be there???

Please be more specific as to what issues you're having. What matters is real-life experience which is often completely different than results in certain tests. Are you having performance issues with v8? Have you come across malware that was undetected despite having LiveGrid as well as other protection features enabled? If so, please create a new topic where we could discuss it further.

I managed to fix the issue I was having with SSL filtering.  Though, I decided to keep the feature disabled anyway due to the general security concerns with SSL inspection.

Even while the SSL filter was disabled, the Eset SSL Filter CA was still added to the Windows TRCA store.  Removing it myself via certmgr.msc (while having the feature SSL filter disabled) allowed Eset to properly add or remove the CA.  It now gets removed when the filter is disabled, and re-added any time the filter is toggled back on.  And the filter works properly while enabled.

I believe this likely happened as part of the update to Windows 10 1151/Threshold 2, because the update process involves automatically removing and reinstalling Eset while retaining settings.  I had removed Eset prior to my 7-to-10 upgrade, but wasn't aware that the 1151/TH2 update behaved the same way until after I had installed it.  Microsoft's removal process seems to not fully remove Eset, causing the CA to break, while also preventing Eset from replacing/removing it.  The PC was stuck with the 'old' Eset CA from the previous install.

• 4 weeks later...