Thunderbird, SSL/IMAPS & Windows 10 November Update (Not Working)

Go to solution Solved by planet,

• Most Valued Members

Since the Windows 10 November Update, I cannot get Thunderbird to connect to any IMAPS (Gmail, Outlook) server when SSL is turned on in ESS (Thunderbird says it cannot connect to the server). As soon as I turn it off, communication works fine. Issue wasn't present before the Windows update, and I've tried removing/reinstalling both ESS and Thunderbird. I see the ESET Certificate in Thunderbird too, so I'm not too sure what is happening.

I've turned off SSL (Edit: I found that leaving on SSL but specifically turning off 'IMAPS checking' also allows Thunderbird to keep working) for now in ESS, but it would be nice to have it working again.

Edited by planet

same here with windows 10 mail app and NOD 32

i also found that imaps is broken too for gmail,aol and yahoo

same as Planet i have disabled imaps checking

it all now works 

Edited by dom1da

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
  • Solution

Figured it out - for some reason an older ESET Certificate was still installed even after uninstalling ESS and using the Uninstall Tool, so after removing it manually and reinstalling ESS, emails are working now with SSL/IMAPS turned on.

Edited by planet

I had similar issues with T-bird and ver. 8. Originally, I had to manually import Eset root CA into T-Bird's root CA store.

Then when testing SSL protocol scanning, I would turn it off and notice Eset root CA was still there in T-Bird's foot CA store. So I would manually delete it. Then later I would turn on SSL protocol scanning and Eset's new root CA would be automatically imported into T-Bird's root CA store. Never had a problem since on this issue.

Appears Eset has some behavior learning features or it is just plain flakey at times. Also might have to do with the fact T-Bird is not an officially supported e-mail client.

Edited by itman