AV-Comparatives: Performance-Test October 2015

Super_Spartan

• ESET Insiders

Interesting results; I would have thought Eset was as 'light' as anything from KL.

I've tried Avast, Kaspersky and Bit Defender in the last 2 months and all have caused issues from system locks and slowdowns to slow file browsing. I guess I must be unlucky with my vanilla build of Windows 10 x64 when using other AV software.

hxxp://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart4&year=2015&month=10&sort=1

Still doesn't beat this :P

ESET is fast for me in that I don't use the HTTP scan feature since I already use adblocks with a malware domain list and such with enough protection to not warrant it.

Edited by Morisato

ESET is fast for me in that I don't use the HTTP scan feature since I already use adblocks with a malware domain list and such with enough protection to not warrant it.

Just remember that ESET is going to detect malware better with protocol scanning enabled. It's not just about blocking malicious websites, but malware that passes through the protocol scanner is investigated more thoroughly with additional assistance from LiveGrid. This is an important part in ESET's zero-day detection.

Interesting results; I would have thought Eset was as 'light' as anything from KL.

I've tried Avast, Kaspersky and Bit Defender in the last 2 months and all have caused issues from system locks and slowdowns to slow file browsing. I guess I must be unlucky with my vanilla build of Windows 10 x64 when using other AV software.

Totally agree with you, I tried Avira AV Pro last month and I felt it brought down the performance of my whole system and it takes 3 times more time to scan my complete system vs NOD32.

Either way, I am glad Eset is doing good even in those reviews as it was way behind in the past but it has improved a lot.

.....Totally agree with you, I tried Avira AV Pro last month and I felt it brought down the performance of my whole system and it takes 3 times more time to scan my complete system vs NOD32

I am trialling Eset at the moment and am well impressed. The only issue is the question of full scans - are these really necessary if realtime protection is on . I find that complete scans (small business) are disruptive (using Webroot at the minute which has a daily quick scan option which only takes a few minutes)

Rocky