Nod32 totally hangs Photoshop for 30 seconds at each start up

AlbertoBedo

1. Start Photoshop CC 2014.2.2
  2. It loads. I can use it for 5-10 seconds.
  3. Then it hangs for 30-45 seconds: I cannot click anything in the User Interface. Cannot use it at all.
  4. After 30-45 it works normally.

Very frustrating during day by day work.

1. Turn Eset32 v. 9 real time protection off.
  2. Start Photoshop CC 2014.2.2
  3. It works without any problem.

Originally I thought that Eset was scanning Photoshop Startup Temp file: I tried to exclude it from real time scan but the problem still happens.

I asked on Photoshop support forum and they told me to ask Eset: original thread (please note that I'm not the original poster, my name there is still Alberto): hxxp://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-cc-2014-2-2-regression-ui-hangs-on-startup-for-30-seconds?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_comment&utm_content=topic_link

How can I fix this?

Nod32 v.9 up to date (problem also with v.8)

Photoshop CC 2014.2.2 up to date

Windows 8.1 Pro

Intel Core i7 5930K

Photoshop and Windows on an SSD

Temp on another SSD

Thank you

• Administrators

First of all, please downgrade to version 8 until the issue you've described is addressed in v9 in the upcoming service build. If you are able to reproduce it with v8, create a Process Monitor log from the time the issue occurs (make sure to enable advanced output first), upload the log to a safe location and pm me the download link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/939896

Hello Marcos and thanks for you reply.

Just a few questions:

1) I have the problem both with v8 and v9. Why should I downgrade to v8? 

2) In your link it is described a system called "Microsoft App-V (SoftGrid) virtual environment". I don't know what it is. What should I do?

3) Should I monitor a specific application as described in the link? Is it Photoshop or Nod32?

Thank you

• ESET Insiders

If you're having the issue with v8, don't worry about downgrading.

2) In your link it is described a system called "Microsoft App-V (SoftGrid) virtual environment". I don't know what it is. What should I do?

Ignore all the directions regarding App-V

Re 3:  Launch Process Monitor as adminstrator and 'Enable Advanced Output' as described in the microsoft link. Let Process Monitor capture every process. Start the capture when Photoshop hangs and stop the capture when Photoshop becomes responsive.

Go to File ->Save and save the log. Zip the log, then follow the rest of Marcos' directions.

Edited by stackz

• Administrators

This is to rule out the possibility that the issue is caused by the known bug in v9 that affects performance under certain circumstances.

Ok, thanks to both.

I sent my log to Marcos as PM (did you receive it?)

Hope this will help to identify the problem as soon as possible.

Let me know if it is useful.

Thank you

Marcos, did you receive the file?

Please could you tell me how much will it take to analyze the problem? Weeks? Months?

I'm trying to understand if I need to install another antivirus

Thank you

Just tried Photoshop CS6 on Windows 10 PRO Bulid 10586 64-Bit with NOD32 v9 and it doesn't freeze on startup. Strange how an older version of Photoshop works fine but the newer one conflicts with NOD32 v9

• 2 weeks later...