Meeting with ESET for advanced training. What questions would you ask?

I've arraigned a meeting/training with some team members from ESET. I have a handful of my own questions that I want to ask, but I figured I'd reach out to you guys and see if there's anything in particular you'd like to know. I'm not sure if I'm meeting with an Engineer or just someone else higher up in Support, but I'll update once I find out.

So, if you were meeting team members from ESET, what kind of questions would you ask?

Thanks for fielding questions.

I'd be curious to know if they have any recommendations for discovering unmanaged systems where RDS is not an option.

We're a mixed environment (Windows and OSX) with multiple subnets across multiple sites. This makes RDS unfeasible, plus there are no options for OSX-only environments.

Thanks again.

Hey, @j-gray.

I asked your question to the Engineering team and he only gave me one option: create a Windows or Linux VM on those networks and install RDS on there. Currently, there does not exist any support for searching unmanaged devices across subnets. The only way to pull in devices to your ERAS without the use of a RDS is if all the devices were part of a domain and AD Sync was enabled.

These options seem rather simple to implement, but given your varied and large intranet, I can see why you couldn't use these approaches. I asked if there was anything in the pipeline for OS X support and he was not able to give me an answer. According to my conversation with him: " We don't really have a specific project plan in place. We're basically releasing upgrades bit by bit and playing the development by ear according to Clients' feelings"

I wish I was making that up.

@bbraunstein; thanks a bunch for the info and willingness to help out the community.

Not what I wanted to hear, but I appreciate it, nonetheless. Sounds like if we make some noise, something useful might come.

Thanks again.