Eset hips and windows build 10586

Hips is still not wotking on Eset 9 with Th2 Sr1 build 10586 which is due for immenant general release.

I will not be renewing my subscription in March unless this is rectyfied, I have been loyal to Eset now for over 5 years.

I contact MS they say contact Eset, I contact Eset and they say contact MS, I refuse to play this game of virtual ping pong any more, perhaps Eset and MS should talk to each other jsut thinking out of the box here!!!

• Administrators

• ESET Insiders

Use Eset 10 years experience for the first time that Eset in a new Betriebsysten so many mistakes has as under Windows 10 finals and the German support is not responding, man should even show Eset slow second red card and no longer lengthening, maybe they watch then again, I'm over 10 years loyal Eset as said fan and a beta tester and have something not experienced, you can watch as Eset and their support are getting worse!

• Administrators

Just for your information, Microsoft has confirmed a bug in the build of Threshold 2 update that will cause a lot of software previously declared as Windows 10 compatible not to work after the upgrade as the software drivers won't be retained. This has been allegedly fixed but the fix won't make it to the release build of Threshold 2.

For that reason, we're trying to find ways how to make ESET work despite the bug. V9 users shouldn't have an issue as it has a self-repair mechanism already implemented.

• Administrators

Use Eset 10 years experience for the first time that Eset in a new Betriebsysten so many mistakes has as under Windows 10 finals and the German support is not responding, man should even show Eset slow second red card and no longer lengthening, maybe they watch then again, I'm over 10 years loyal Eset as said fan and a beta tester and have something not experienced, you can watch as Eset and their support are getting worse!

First of all, we are not aware of any issues with final release builds of Windows 10. If you have experienced some issues, try searching for existing relevant topics in this forum and report your issue there. If you don't find any topic with a similar issue reported, create a new one and report it there.

As for the problem with German support, I've asked them to check the status of your ticket and let you know.

• ESET Insiders

As for the problem with German support, I've asked them to check the status of your ticket and let you know.

[Ticket#2015102630002178]

Edited by SlashRose

The 1511 (build 10586.3) just installed on my machine. I have had a trial of SS 9 on my laptop for several days now, evaluating its performance. Been working flawlessly! After the 1511 update today I am receiving the same HIPS message (non-functional) message others are reporting. Again, same software, worked fine yesterday, not so much today. So for me, the new build + SS 9 combination is causing the HIPS non-functional issue. Even uninstalled the copy of ESET SS9 I had installed and downloaded a new evaluation copy from the ESET just a bit ago to see if that would help. No love.

After years of using Norton I'm ready for something fresh, but this will be a no go if the issue cannot be rectified by the time my evaluation is up in a few weeks, unless the trial can be extended beyond when it is fixed, which is unlikely. The problem is a real shame too, since after evaluating some of the competition I thought ESET was the best fit. Was about ready to open my wallet until now. But there are too many other good choices out there to throw $ at a product that is broken at the time of purchase. As an old developer myself I wish the ESET team the best of luck in mitigating this potential impact to revenue. Their mettal will surely show on this one.

Edited by Seymour Heiney

Hi xxJackxx. Do you mean were all Windows updates applied before the 1511 update installed? If so, yes. And the machine has been rebooted several times since those updates. When I get a chance today, I'll reinstall the trial version yet again to see if that clears it. I'm hoping its Windows (or at least the Windows installation and/or configuration on my machine) and not ESET because I really like the ESET experience.

Thanks stackz, I did not know about this feature due to my unfamiliarity with the ESET product. Choosing pre-release updates and running the function did not seem to immediately help resolve this matter. However, about 1/2 hour after I ran this process, I had a few minutes in which I uninstalled/re-installed ESET again, and this seems to have cleared the warning and HIPS show functional now. So...it was either the re-installation or re-installation + the previous "pre-release" update that seems to have resolved the issue, for now anyway. I appreciate the advice.

Edited by Seymour Heiney