Exclusions for ScreenConnect

Teky

My company recently bought ScreenConnect to remotely assist our clients. Problem is, ESET products see it as a threat. Because we are an ESET Reseller, we, and many of our clients are running ESET products ... which makes this this a bigger problem. And because there are several forms of ScreenConnect (Java host, EXE host, EXE client), there is more than one thing to create an exception for. Can you please either give me some instructions around fixing this, or work with ScreenConnect to allow their programs/services to run?

• Administrators

Isn't it detected as a potentially unsafe application? This kind of detection is disabled by default as it covers legitimate applications that have been seen to be misused for malicious purposes.

• 1 year later...

I have upgraded to 6.0 and then 6.1 to try to resolve this (we run the server in-house), but it remains an issue for us. Is the solution to use generic (rather than branded) client download, or is it to use an SSL certificate, or something else? It costs me minutes every time I connect to a client who is running ESET antivirus ... and that's many of our clients.