Licensing issues, again not satisfied

nvanaert

Dear sir/miss,

Recently we've had a customer where we renewed the licensing. We always used to buy the ESET Small Business Bundle, however this changed to the ESET Secure Business bundle. We have a customer where which has 25 PC's, but 75 mailboxes. We usually purchased this for 25 PC's. The quota that we were allowed to go over with this license was 150%. Now we've ordered ESET Secure Business for 25 users, but only receive a license for 30 mailboxes?! We were NEVER notified that there would be internal licensing changes. This is simply ridiculous! We never walked into this issue before, because most of our customers that have 20 PC's have around the same amount of mailboxes, but this is an exception.

Recently I've already made a post, showing we're not that happy with ESET Remote Administrator 6: https://forum.eset.com/topic/6478-major-eset-remote-administrator-6-problems-questions-not-smb-ready-not-satisfied/. But with licensing issues like this it's simply ridiculous. If this issue does not get resolved, we'll switch all our 120+ customers (from which some companies have 50 - 100 PC's!)  over time to another antivirus vendor/solution.

• ESET Staff

Hi @nvanaert,

I think you are in the wrong place if you want to fill a complain with you/your client license. You should contact the distributor of your country instead.

May I remind you this is a forum, a place where you discuss, ask for help after contact ESET in the official support, etc.

We are some guys/girls talking about ESET and playing "good samaritan" helping each other. :) even if ESET has some tech guys here.

In other hand from my personal opinion...

What ever you want to do is always your call, you will face any aftermath (good or bad) of your decision.

However I suggest you never take a decision upset, blood pressure high, angry, etc... that ends in bad choices.

Talking the people goes well. :)

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez

I've tried contacting the distributor / ESET directly in The Netherlands and got an answer they can't do a lot about it, except for splitting the licenses, making it more expensive than it was and than it was quoted for to our customer.

The decision of our company will not be made just by me, but by our team after doing a re-evaluation and comparing it with various other vendors. That's how it always works at the company that I work for :)

I'm definitely not upset about the issue, nor will get upset about it. There's plenty of worse and bigger things in live then an antivirus vendor.

All I'm trying to tell here is that ESET will have a good reseller that will leave, due to them making decisions we don't agree with, as this has been discussed with my colleagues already, but because we used to love the product so much for it's simplicity (we've been a reseller for 7+ years now) and that we don't like switching every year, we like to give them a chance to rectify it. Also ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6 is fine, there's nothing wrong with it at all. It's the ESET Remote Administrator that's the problem, because version 6 is simply horrible. But that's a tool that I use almost daily (seeing that I regularly perform maintenance at different customers) and then I need a quick solution.

Hopefulyl someone useful will respond or contact us on an intl. level, as sales can't do a lot in The Netherlands for AFAIK right now.

• ESET Staff

The decision of our company will not be made just by me, but by our team after doing a re-evaluation and comparing it with various other vendors. That's how it always works at the company that I work for :)

Kudos for that!

I check ESET International on packs and saw what you mean, I will end using 2 packs of 25 to nearly cover the mailboxes...

So what you need is an Special deal for your customer.

His case is out of the normal plans covered by the packs.

Also ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6 is fine, there's nothing wrong with it at all.

Good point! :)

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez