Updated version of Eset File Security for Linux?

Has anyone heard of plans to release an updated version of Eset File Security for Linux?  Running on CentOS 7, the ERA v6 agent seems to run fine, but none of the settings from ERA are applied to the antivirus program, nor am I able to get the real-time file scanning working.

Thank you! :)

I'm looking forward to see new version for Linux servers or desktop with full support for ERA in v6.

Can't wait to see a beta, and be able to test it in my "lab".

• 3 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff

Has anyone heard of plans to release an updated version of Eset File Security for Linux?  Running on CentOS 7, the ERA v6 agent seems to run fine, but none of the settings from ERA are applied to the antivirus program, nor am I able to get the real-time file scanning working.

Thank you! :)

Hello,

in case you product's version is listed in this list: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2893/at least partial integration with ERAv6 should be available. Have you checked ERA Agent's trace logs located in /var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Agent/trace.log for errors? There may be also problem with SELinux. You can try to temporarily disable SELinux enforcing mode and restart ERA Agent service with commands:

#setenforce 0
#service eraagent restart

and check whether it helped.