Eset Smart security 9 RDP not working

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

For some kind of reason i cannot get RDP working with firewall enabled. Before i used SS8 were it was working perfectly. I have internal port 9 forwarded to any IP and port external. See attachment. Also i have added the Remote desktop file to the accepted list in the firewall rules.

post-9579-0-91203100-1446720646_thumb.png

When i disable only the firewall it is working...But that is not secure. So it is something in the firewall.

However PLEX is working over the internet with firewall enabled.

I have nothing changed in RDP settings. 

What do i do wrong? I need this RDP working otherwise i have to downgrade to SS8 where it was working.

• Administrators
  • Solution

With v9 installed, you can run the Firewall troubleshooting wizard to view recently blocked communications and to create the appropriate permitting rules.

Thank you for your quick answer  :) I used the tool and replicated the issue. After looking into the logs i saw the problem. And saw that there were some unknown IP adresses which wanted to connect as well.

With the tool added the appropriate rule to the rules section and edited a bit. After all it is working now  :D THANKS!

Has ANYONE been able to setup the firewall for RDP connection IN to the machine?

I tried the advanced setup and created a rule that allowed port 3389 TCP & UDP to ALLOW traffic in and out.

The tried connecting to the box. No luck.

I then decided to RDP OUT to another box and see what rule it created.

Ok, it created on, outbound only, I changed this to in bound and made suire it was for Local and External traffic and I STILL can't get to the machine form an other PC.

Has ANYONE got any ideas? I'm going nuts!

It looks like a good product.... but if it can't do the basics, why did I upgrade to it?