Parent Child setup

I work for an MSP and we would like to install a remote admin console on our clients and have that RA report back to our Master for licensing infection reporting ect... This would allow central license management and allow for LDAP integration. I'm not sure how to go about this or what the proper verbiage is to Google it. Any ideas?

Do you need to have the RA console on the remote site?

I'm not an MSP but I do manage five separate companies. I have a single installation of ERA 6.2 on a VM in my office and all clients from all companies connect into this. Each set f clients uses separately licenses and separate configurations.

Does that help?

Jim

PS Obviously that doesn't solve the LDAP question.

Edited by jimwillsher

• ESET Staff

Hi @sgtwtf,

What you trying to achieve is related to the license thing, a central ERA where you got reports of all your clients and their terminals.

I suggest you contact ESET Support or your ESET country distributor to get the right help on this.

Do you need to have the RA console on the remote site?

I'm not an MSP but I do manage five separate companies. I have a single installation of ERA 6.2 on a VM in my office and all clients from all companies connect into this. Each set f clients uses separately licenses and separate configurations.

Does that help?

Jim

PS Obviously that doesn't solve the LDAP question.

I have your setup now however it is not effective in large scale and I have to have LDAP integration so I know I have hit all the hosts.

Hi @sgtwtf,

What you trying to achieve is related to the license thing, a central ERA where you got reports of all your clients and their terminals.

I suggest you contact ESET Support or your ESET country distributor to get the right help on this.

Licesing is not the issue. We have several hundred seats and do not want them to go to waste. Really I wish ESET just had a beacon you could install on DC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Just to confirm, this isn't an MSP-related issue, it is an ERA issue. As @Gonzalo Alvarez explains, ERA version 6 doesn’t have a hierarchical management system the way ERA5 did.

Not sure of OS, but if Windows, this article may help (step 6 for LDAP part): hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3665/