Endpoint Security for Mac OS X and Boxcryptor

ET_31

Hi,

I have ESET Endpoint Security 6.1.16.1 running on OS X El Capitan 10.11.1. I also use Boxcryptor 2.1.457 to encrypt my data on my cloud providers. Boxcryptor mounts a virtual drive with my decrypted data inside.

Now when I want to copy something to this virtual Boxcryptor volume, the Mac stucks for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. I can't click anything. I can move the mouse cursor normally but the clicks or keyboard inputs won't recognize! If I deactivate the On Demand Scanner the copy works just like normal.

Can somebody help? I also tried to exclude /Volume/Boxcryptor from scanning, but it didn't work either.

• Administrators

Probably you mean the ESET on-access scanner and not the on-demand scanner? Either way, please contact Customer care as further logs will need to be supplied for analysis by engineers.

• 2 years later...

Hi, unfortunately this is a long lasting problem with real-time scanners on MacOS intercepting Boxcryptor file operations. Unfortunately there are only a few antivirus software solutions that work with Boxcryptor on MacOS without any flaws. Boxcryptor is aware of this problem saying they have no influence on real-time scanning incompatibilities. No issues experienced on Windows devices though.

I am testing ESET Cyber Security Pro (6.5.x) on MacOS High Sierra (10.13) and Boxcryptor but still experiencing slowness and freezing while browsing encrypted files. 

Hope eset-team can look into this.