EES v6 not activating from ERA 6 push install

ictifi

Hello,

I've recently started pushing out Eset Endpoint security v6.2 to clients on my network using the remote administrator console. I used a couple of test machines before widely deploying the upgrade. These machines successfully installed the client, applied the policy and activated without issue. 

Now I've chosen 10 machines on the network to start with for a wide install but, while every one of these machines installed the client successfully, ERA is telling me that none of these machines have activated the product. I've run separate activation tasks afterwards to try again but I'm just getting a "Task failed in the security product" error so now these machines are basically unprotected.

Can anyone offer any guidance here? I'm not going to roll out to any more machines until I know this is sorted. What I don't understand is why this was not an issue on my test machines but now is a wide issue?

Hi Marcos,

It turns out I had deployed ESET Endpoint Security when I should have deployed ESET Endpoint Antivirus so the key wasn't matching the software. You can lock this thread, thanks.

Hi Marcos,

It turns out I had deployed ESET Endpoint Security when I should have deployed ESET Endpoint Antivirus so the key wasn't matching the software. You can lock this thread, thanks.

Thank you so much for posting this. I was having the same problem (thought the license was for EES, turns out it was EEA) and had spent hours trying to get it to activate.