Any Conflicts When Running ESS & Malwarebytes With CCleaner?

Hello,

I am a new user of ESET Smart Security 6 and Malwarebytes for my new Dell desktop PC with Windows 8, as recommended by MicroCenter.  Just wondering if there are any known conflicts if I were to add "CCleaner" onto my system?

I am a long-time Norton Internet Security and Utilities user, and am used to cleaning up system errors and internet privacy history with Norton Utilities, and wonder if ESS and/or Malwarebytes performs these tasks, or if I should consider adding CCleaner to do ensure a clean system?

Thank you for your experience and advice.

Regards,

Bill

ESET and Malwarebytes does not include any form of internet history cleaner or similar feature, mostly because it will only add bloat (unnecessary features) to the product wich we want to keep to a minimum.

But, YES you can safely add CCleaner, I got both ESET and MBAM (used on-demand) installed, and since CCleaner doesn't run in real-time there will not be any conflicts what so ever between them.

Someone posted that the turtle-Slow Analyze progress of CC turned to Rapid by "Temp Disable Protection" via Rt Clk of ESET Eye in Sys Tray......True.

Also, I use CC with MBAM Pro (real-time) and SuperAS Pro (real-time).

I actually presented a similar question on the Malwarebytes.org forums - specifically I asked about MBAM's Heuristics abilities with their Real-Time protection, but also how MBAM's RealTime works with existing AV.  I didn't mention ESET by name and please keep in mind I use the business editions of ESET, but here is some of the feedback I got from the forum admins:

Note that Malwarebytes' is not an antivirus. It's an antimalware and designed to work alongside your existing protection by catching threats commonly missed by antiviruses.

There are some traditional anti virus applications that don't "play well" with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM).  Some will even when you install them complaining that MBAM is installed.  Others won't install unless you remove MBAM, install the traditional AV application and then reinstall MBAM.  For the most part, MBAM happily coexists with the vast majority of anti virus applications.

In reference to performance:

MBAM targets executable binaries.  MBAM does not target script files. That means MBAM will not target JS, HTML, VBS, BAT, CMD, PDF, PHP, etc.  It also does not target documents such as; DOC, DOCx, XLS, XLSx, PPT, PPS, ODF, etc.  They are all relegated to traditional anti virus applications.  However what MBAM does, and does very well at, is making corrections to modifications malware makes to the OS.  Something traditional anti virus applications don't do well at.

Until MBAM, v1.75, MBAM could not access files in archives but with v1.75 came that ability so it can unarchive a Java Jar (which is a PKZip file) but it won't target the .CLASS files within. Same goes with CHM files (which is a PKZip file) but it doesn't target the HTML files within. MBAM v1.75 specifically will deal with; ZIP, RAR, 7z, CAB and MSI for archives. And self-Extracting; ZIP, 7z, RAR and NSIS executables (aka; SFX files).

MBAM specifically targets binaries that start with the first two characters being; MZ
They can be; EXE, CPL, SYS, DLL, SCR and OCX. Any of these files type can be renamed to be anything from TXT, JPG, CMD and BAT and they will still be targeted just as long as the binary starts with 'MZ'.