Jump to content

Excluded paths still scanned


Go to solution Solved by Corso,

Recommended Posts

I've set eset not to scan some folders that it say contains virus in it, by exluded path setting.
But when doing manual full scan it still scans the folders and detect the virus in these folders. Bug?
This was never a problem with v8.

 

Using v9.0.318

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

How do you know that excluded folder are still being scanned? If you put the eicar test file to an excluded folder, is it actually detected?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How do you know that excluded folder are still being scanned? If you put the eicar test file to an excluded folder, is it actually detected?

Because eset detects the virus when done scanning. Eset say these files are virus, but i have excluded their paths, but still detects them.

 

This was not the case in v8. Just had to exclude the paths and =not detected so not deleted.

Edited by Corso
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

i just tested the eicar file in a folder in my desktop, and it wasn't even in the log. SS completely ignored it.

plus i have the winzip msi file in the exclusion list because it's detected and i never saw any warning in the logs.

 

maybe you didn't setup the exclusions correctly.

post-382-0-70218600-1445795275_thumb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i just tested the eicar file in a folder in my desktop, and it wasn't even in the log. SS completely ignored it.

plus i have the winzip msi file in the exclusion list because it's detected and i never saw any warning in the logs.

 

maybe you didn't setup the exclusions correctly.

Thats exactly as i have it setup. I've put the folders, in the Paths to be ecluded from scanning.

Doing manual scanning, it detected the files in those folders and deleted them.

I select "no action" from the scan result.

 

Trying again....doing manual scan. It detect them again.

ESS just ignored the paths to be excluded.

 

Don't know how to fix that.

 

This never happened in v8.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please post screen shots of:

- the alert you're getting

- your exclusion setup

The setup is just as in pavilion_alex Picture.

I've added the paths to the folders there.

 

This is all weird. The first scan it detects them all as virus. I choose "no action" so they dont get deleted.

Scan again a second time, does not detect them.

 

Scan a third time again..detect them again, and also different folders some it detect virus in and the others not.

All are excluded.

Something is not right with SS.

Edited by Corso
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

marcos says to press the edit at the right and post an image of the window that will open.

for example look mine.

 

and then post an image the next time you see the warning when the scan completes.

 

search the start menu for the snipping tool, it's easier to make screenshots of a specified area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

marcos says to press the edit at the right and post an image of the window that will open.

for example look mine.

 

and then post an image the next time you see the warning when the scan completes.

 

search the start menu for the snipping tool, it's easier to make screenshots of a specified area.

I don't know what you mean?

My setup looks just like yours in the pic you posted.

 

I guess i just have to uninstall and reinstall and see if that fix it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uninstalled and reinstalled. Worked this time. I just added exclusion paths again and worked this first time.

Remains to be seen if it will last next manual scan.

 

I did a import of settings before, maybe that settingfile, xml file was bad, or something.

 

Thanks for the replies!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

the settings xml file from v8 is incomaptible when imported to v9 and a error information window will appear if you import settings from v8 to v9.

maybe that was the cause of the problem. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

the settings xml file from v8 is incomaptible when imported to v9 and a error information window will appear if you import settings from v8 to v9.

maybe that was the cause of the problem. :)

No, it was a import from same v9.318

But maybe something got wrong with the xml file or so. 

Anyway it seems to work now. Have to see if it will continue to work.

 

Thanks for the reply!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...