ERA server install error

Go to solution Solved by TomasP,

I try to install ERA v6.2.171.0. I've an old ERA server want to move another one. So I backup the database in old server. And Install SQL express in new server. Then restore database into SQL in new server. Everything is fine so far.

Then I run Setup.exe to install ERA Server.. But I got the below error message. And I found out a strange thing. I don't change anything in the new server. Just close the setup window. Then run it again. Second time it still failed. But third time, no found any error message. I could install finished. What problem is this?

post-990-0-65523600-1445581678_thumb.pngpost-990-0-50501300-1445581688_thumb.png

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Further error details are contained in an installation log, these logs are saved in the 'logs' folder in the location from where you ran the installation (setup.exe).

Hello,

Further error details are contained in an installation log, these logs are saved in the 'logs' folder in the location from where you ran the installation (setup.exe).

I can't find out helpful information from log files. Could you take a look the log files, please? Thank you.

Logs.zip

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello, this is the line that carries the actual error:

ERROR: (DbUpgrade) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]User, group, or role 'era_user' already exists in the current database.
Have you previously used ERA on this server? Are you installing over an already existing installation?

Okay.. I know why is the problem.. Because I restore database from another ERA server. So the user 'era_user' already exists in SQL server. Thank you.