No Signature Updates Today?

WIN 7 x64, SP1 - Eset Smart Security 8.0.319.0

Two auto updates have run so far today; the one after boot and the scheduled hourly update with no signature updating occurring. Never saw this happen before?

Edited by itman

I got it to update after I rebooted.

I have been playing with my DNS settings in the firewall. Created an outbound rule just to connect to my DNS servers and disabled the default DNS rule. Appears Eset didn't care for that since it wouldn't connect to DNS servers and threw an outbound alert at first boot. I allowed it but appears by this time it had blocked the Eset update connection. Don't know why my DNS created firewall didn't work however.  

Edited by itman

• ESET Staff

When you use "Learning mode", ESET create a rule by each and every active software incoming/outgoing in that lapse of time (learning).

Is not good to play with the ESET Firewall or use the "Learning Mode" careless, unless you know what your doing or you are testing.

From my experience, I can tell you ESET Firewall not work as "usual" other ones, so I try not to make modifications manually.

The good thing of ESET Firewall is Automatic, and most of the traffic is scanned and allowed. Because of that the "Learning mode" is

only suggested to be use when you have 1 software with problems (like an Invoice software you buy or made specially for your company).

I love the "Default" button to restore the factory settings. :)