Banking & Payment Protection for Rabobank (NL) is not working in Chrome

When going to the the URL of www.rabobank.nl for internet banking, the following URL is displayed in Google Chrome (Version 46.0.2490.71 m)

hxxp://www.eset.com/us/BPPRedirector/ESET-Redirect-Switch/?token=41bf57f30c5c72365b179dce

(orange square Internetbankieren > Inloggen)

I use ESS9, latest version and latest definitions.

Looks like something is not going right here...

Edited by kiddingguy

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

I believe this is the correct behaviour, the Banking & Payment Protection feature offers you to launch the banking window in a protected browser - and the offer is shown on that URL.

What do you consider wrong about that?

In other browsers (Firefox and Edge/Internet Explorer) the main login page is shown and not an offer to get ESET software.

FF/Edge/IE show the correct behavior.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The page is not "an offer to get ESET software", it is a feature of your installed ESS v9, called Banking & Payment Protection - it allows to launch banking websites in a separate browser window without add-ons, with encrypted keyboard input, etc., i.e. in a secure browser, to protect your payment. You can read more about the feature at hxxp://help.eset.com/ess/9/en-US/index.html?technology_online_protection.htm and hxxp://support.eset.com/kb5657/

Thus, it is actually Firefox and IE that show an incorrect behaviour. Do you use default settings regarding SSL scanning in our product and is ESET's certificate correctly imported in the mentioned browsers?

Hello,

The page is not "an offer to get ESET software", it is a feature of your installed ESS v9, called Banking & Payment Protection - it allows to launch banking websites in a separate browser window without add-ons, with encrypted keyboard input, etc., i.e. in a secure browser, to protect your payment. You can read more about the feature at hxxp://help.eset.com/ess/9/en-US/index.html?technology_online_protection.htm and hxxp://support.eset.com/kb5657/

Thus, it is actually Firefox and IE that show an incorrect behaviour. Do you use default settings regarding SSL scanning in our product and is ESET's certificate correctly imported in the mentioned browsers?

No, that's not the case!

I would like to clarify this by screenshots, but for some reason I cannot upload/show these in this thread.

• ESET Moderators

This is what the website looks like:

post-34-0-70094600-1445591171_thumb.png

As you replied "No, that's not the case!", please specify what is different in your case.

You should be able to upload screenshots, but you can also upload them somewhere else and post a link here, if you want to show us how it looks in your case.

Hello. I have the same problem with banking protection of my IPKO Bank in Chrome 46.0.2490.80 m (64-bit). When I go to my bank site I have this: 

post-9305-0-02233300-1445669626_thumb.jpg

Edited by CC81

• ESET Moderators

Does that happen all the time? It looks like a temporary outage, as the website should return an option to open a secured browser, as seen in my screenshot above.

Are you able to visit other subsections of the eset.com and eset.eu websites?

This Not Found issue is every time when I go to IPKO.pl site. I can't log in to my bank account. Other subsections of the eset.com and eset.eu websites are open, but when I add /BPPRedirector/ESET-Redirect-Switch?token=b4d155a50e9f3aff4db297b0 is the same issue Not Found. 

BTW in Internet Explorer everything works fine, but I prefer Chrome...

• ESET Moderators

That is a strange behaviour. Do you notice any other issues with Chrome on your PC?

Redirection to a website should work regardless of the browser - unless there were some settings changed.

I have brand - fresh system. I re-install Windows 8.1 several days ago. Chrome works good. My browser was update to new version few days ago. Maybe this is problem?

• ESET Moderators

Just more reasons for everything to work properly.

Please contact your local ESET customer care team who will investigate the issue.

Thanks.