"Protocol filtering problem" error message

John in PA

I'm running ESET Nod32 AV on 3 different Windows 10 computers.  One computer only consistently gives "Protocol Filtering Problem" error on startup.  Software seems to be functioning otherwise.  Clicking on "learn more about this message"  seems not to yield helpful information. 

Help?

• Administrators

Does the ESET icon turn green after a while? If so, then this is a known issue when the web & email protection starts a bit later than gui and it will be fixed via an automatic update in the near future.

• Administrators

Yes, the above mentioned message should not occur as of the next version that will also be distributed as a PCU. The icon should turn green automatically after a short while and the error should disappear.

Yes, the above mentioned message should not occur as of the next version that will also be distributed as a PCU. The icon should turn green automatically after a short while and the error should disappear.

Great, what is PCU though?

The ESET icon in the system tray does indeed clear (lose the red mark) after a short while, but the message does not ever go away unless you click it away manually.  Looking forward to the fix for either of these issues as many of my clients are calling me about this (most would not call if the message went away as quickly as the icon cleared to all green).

PCU = Program Component Update - they get downloaded via the VSD update channel.

PCU = Program Component Update - they get downloaded via the VSD update channel.

thanks man

thanks man

You're welcome man.

Any update on an ETA when this issue will be resolved? The "error" message displayed again this morning (Monday, 10/26 6:30 a.m. Eastern U.S.) on boot. (Icon was green, main GUI showed "fully protected." Please advise. Thanks!

• ESET Moderators

Hello, there is no ETA yet, but it should before the end of the year.

However, the issue does not present any security risk - as soon as the icon turns green, the protection has fully started.

Hi, 15 mins ago I had to do a re-start and the message appeared again. I was going to post here of that occurrence but then decided to do another re-start to check it out. No message. I had been clear of it for a few days until what happened to-day. Isn't that strange.

Reason for edit, I was in registry searching for CLSID. I found it and deleted it. On restart that message about Protocol re-appeared. Two or three starts later and still no popup.

The registry search wasn't in relation to Eset. Just in case it matters WinPatrol was continually throwing up those keep or reject things and that action cleared it up. KTF.

Edited by manOFpeace

Have this on a W7-64 machine now after every restart, so it is not W10 related.

Message more than annoying to any non-techie-customer, as who would tell you to watch the e-Icon to turn green? Creates confusion about whether beeing safe or not.

Needs to be fixed asap.

Product - ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9.0.318.0 Signature 12499

Disable SSl/TLS Procotol Filtering - Restart - Enable SSl/TLS Procotol Filtering 

So far no Protocol Filtering Problem.

NOTE : Message back again 

Edited by Sameer

• 2 months later...

Has this problem already been fixed with an update, because I am still getting this error "Protocol Filtering Problem" each time I start up Windows 7?

It's is really annoying, because each time you have to click this message away.

• Administrators

Has this problem already been fixed with an update, because I am still getting this error "Protocol Filtering Problem" each time I start up Windows 7?

It's is really annoying, because each time you have to click this message away.

Do you have the latest version 9.0.349 installed?

• Administrators

No, I have version 9.0.318.20 installed.

But when I check for updates, it says that I have the most recent one.

Newer builds are first available as installers on the web. Only after some time we enable manual program updates from the product but this gap should be substantially reduced or removed completely in the future.

• 4 weeks later...